Bilingual/Bicultural Clinical Pharmacist-Care Management (English/Spanish)
Company: SCAN Healthplan
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Bilingual Clinical Pharmacist, Care Management
- Long Beach, CA
- Arizona (Remote)
- Nevada (Remote)
As one of the nation's largest not-for-profit Medicare Advantage
plans, serving more than 200,000 members in California, SCAN Health
Plan has been a mission-driven organization dedicated to keeping
seniors healthy and independent for over 40 years. SCAN employees
are passionate about what they do, and understand that success is
based on achieving the mission. Employees are afforded with the
training and tools necessary to do their jobs and are rewarded for
their efforts and recognized as experts in their fields. To learn
more, visit scanhealthplan.com or follow us on social media:
LinkedIn; Facebook; and Twitter.
The Clinical Pharmacist, Care Management will perform
comprehensive and targeted medication management in high risk plan
members to identify, resolve, and prevent medication-related
problems to improve care outcomes.
- Provide clinical recommendations pertaining to, but not limited
to, gaps in care, high risk medications, compliance and adherence,
drug interactions, therapeutic substitution, and generic
- Complete comprehensive medication review of prescription and
non-prescription medications with emphasis on patient assessment
and counseling, safe and effective use of medications,
identification of potential drug interactions, and other related
- Conduct engaging and comprehensive telephonic medication
consultations with members and delivers high quality evidence-based
therapeutic recommendations to providers.
- Utilize prescription and medical claim data to generate
clinical recommendations for medication management.
- Complete pharmacotherapy assessment of patients' claims, past
medical history, and disease states.
- Collaborate with all members of the patient care team by
actively communicating and reporting pertinent patient care
information and data in a comprehensive manner.
- Provide medication education to patients to improve medication
adherence. Monitor of complex comorbidities (DM, HTN,
hyperlipidemia, bone disease, ID, etc.).
- See the whole person, take into account Social Determinants of
Health, and connect members to benefits as applicable.
- Perform job duties with sensitivity to the patients' diverse
- Navigate the Part B and Part D benefits to support member
- Research and maintain knowledge of current and emerging
clinical trends. Takes initiative to continually learn and maintain
clinical and regulatory knowledge.
- Actively participate in various clinical departmental meetings
and forums to improve clinical programs, enhance processes, and
share clinical information.
- Maintain competency skills to identify medication safety
concerns in the age-related population and institute additional
measures to provide a safe environment with consideration to the
developmental changes in the patient population.
- Ensure projects/tasks, as assigned, are completed in a timely
manner and contribute to success of the team.
- Serve as preceptor to pharmacy students and residents as
What's in it for you?
- A competitive compensation and benefits program
- An annual employee bonus program
- Generous paid-time-off (PTO)
- Ten paid holidays per year
- Excellent 403(b) Saving Plan, providing up to 4% match and
vesting after three years
- Casual attire
- Telecommute opportunity
- A work-life balance and much more!
We're always looking for talented people to join our team!
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply now!
SCAN is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment.
Keywords: SCAN Healthplan, Long Beach , Bilingual/Bicultural Clinical Pharmacist-Care Management (English/Spanish), Other , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!