Transportation - Maritime & Coastal Graduate Engineer
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to
solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water,
energy and urbanization. GHD is looking for a Graduate Engineer to
join our Maritime and Coastal (M&C) practice and can be located
anywhere on the West Coast. In this role, you will primarily assist
with design and analysis of several waterfront projects in
California, Oregon, Washington and the Pacific (West Region). This
is a rewarding opportunity to employ your engineering skills, learn
from engaging mentors, be involved in challenging projects, and
develop technical solutions on diverse projects.
- Working under the supervision of an experienced professional
engineer on diverse Maritime & Coastal and Transportation design
and analysis projects.
- Assisting with the design of waterfront infrastructure and
facilities for port, federal, private and municipal clients such as
utilities, storm drains, grading, pavement and related
- Providing calculations, developing drawings and sketches.
- Writing technical reports summarizing design and/or findings of
structural condition assessment.
- Delivering projects on time and within budget.
- Maintaining open communication with project team members.
Skills, Competencies, Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited
university. Master's degree is preferred.
- Previous internship related to the industry and understanding
of marine design a plus.
- Current EIT Certification with ability to obtain California
- 0 to 3 years of experience.
- Working knowledge of engineering codes and guidelines such as
IBC, CBC, ASCE 7, ACI 318, AISC 360 etc.
- Experience in the Microsoft office suite, MATCAD; Autodesk
suite 2016 or newer (Civil 3d/Revit)
- Basic understanding of hydrology and hydraulic design and
- Ability to assist with condition assessment and field
investigation both on land and above water.
- Must have strong communication skills, both written and oral,
including report writing.
Being the best we can be is in our culture. We are a family of
smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our
employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more.
Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure
water, energy and urbanization are made sustainable for generations
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business,
how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will
support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and
then recognize achievements. We will set your curiosity free to
allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new
ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage
you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in
the areas of water, energy and urbanization. GHD is a global
professional services company that is a leader in engineering,
construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we
remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and
skilled individuals, yet we are proudly 'One GHD' across more than
200 offices, spanning five continents - Asia, Australia, Europe,
North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering
extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about
building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual
achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD
is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment
opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without
regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship,
color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability,
marital status or veteran status.
Keywords: GHD, Long Beach , Transportation - Maritime & Coastal Graduate Engineer, Other , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!