Company: Auto Plus Pep Boys
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Icahn Automotive Group LLC (Icahn Automotive) was formed by its
parent, Icahn Enterprises L.P. (NASDAQ: IEP), to invest in and
operate businesses involved in aftermarket parts distribution and
service. Our businesses have a singular focus: provide premium
automotive parts and services at a great value. The businesses of
Icahn Automotive today consist of Pep Boys automotive aftermarket
retail and service chain, Auto Plus automotive aftermarket parts
distributor, Precision Tune Auto Care owned and franchised
automotive service centers, and AAMCO Total Auto Care franchised
service centers. The businesses of Icahn Automotive total over
22,000 employees, over 2,000 company-owned and franchise locations
and 25 distribution centers throughout the US, Canada, and Puerto
Responsible for the efficient diagnosis, repair and replacement
of general automotive parts and accessories. Direct interaction
with customers and deliver superior service through educating the
customer on the problems and proposed solutions for their vehicle.
Conduct a wide variety of diagnoses and repairs; including but not
limited to performance, drivability and emissions diagnostic, state
safety and emissions testing, brakes, steering and suspension,
electrical, maintenance services, HVAC, starting and charging, and
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for all aspects of diagnosis and repairing a
customer's vehicle as well as caring for the vehicle while it is
being repaired and properly securing it after repair is
- Strictly adhere to a "do it right the first time" policy. Will
not exceed two or more comebacks within a four-week period of
- Maintain a 90% minimum productivity performance level.
- Ensure all training completions are maintained at 100%
- Become a recourse for technical matters related to installation
and proper application of parts and accessories.
- Focus on customer needs.
- Maintain technical capabilities to ensure proficient use of
service equipment and maintain certification status.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Minimum of 6 months' experience as a certified technician or
mechanic and eight ASE's (A1 Engine Repair, A2 Automatic
Transmission, A3 Manual Drive Transmission, A4 Steering and
Suspension, A5 Brakes, A6 Electrical, A7 HVAC, A8 Engine
Performance) are required.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret retail business
reports, professional and/or technical journals, time reports,
operational reports, government regulations, merchandising reports,
plan-o-gram (merchandising) instructions or technical
- Ability to collect data or facts and draw valid and accurate
- Ability to apply mathematical formulas to calculate commission,
discounts and interest.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical
instructions in diagram form and deal with several abstract and
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong verbal skills.
- Must be able to work days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
The characteristics described here are representative of those
an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
- Extensive standing, walking, pushing and reaching.
- Need full range of motion for reaching, bending and
- Repetitive movement of hands, arms, legs.
- May drive a vehicle if needed.
- Lifting of heavy equipment >50 pounds is required.
- May work outside and be exposed to weather.
- Exposure to adverse weather conditions, chemicals, odors, dirt
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and
ability to adjust focus.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: Auto Plus Pep Boys, Long Beach , Master Technician, Other , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!