Infection Control Professional, Infection Control - FT/Days (8hr)
Company: MemorialCare Health System
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: June 8, 2021
At MemorialCare Health System, we believe in providing
extraordinary healthcare to our communities and an exceptional
working environment for our employees. Memorial Care stands for
excellence in Healthcare. Across our family of medical centers, we
support each one of our bright, talented employees in reaching the
highest levels of professional development, contribution,
collaboration and accountability. Whatever your role and whatever
expertise you bring, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your
full potential in an environment of respect, innovation and
The Infection Control Professional is responsible for specified
areas of the medical center with responsibility for infection
control surveillance, prevention and control. This position is
responsible for data collection, analysis, and reporting findings
to the Director and designated committees. In addition, this
position is responsible for infection control education for new
hires and staff.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
- Directs the development of infection control policies and
procedures to ensure they comply with all regulatory
- Coordinates initial and on-going department specific and
facility wide educational programs related to infection control and
- Plans and coordinates a monitoring program to evaluate all
aseptic, isolation, sanitation and sterilization techniques
employed at the facility.
- Collaborates with and makes recommendations to the department
and division heads to eliminate potential infection hazards and to
initiate corrective action as indicated through infection
surveillance and monitoring programs.
- Participates, included report preparation and presentation of
data, in infection control committees.
- Reports on all infection control issues and other identified
hospital outbreaks of infection or diseases to the local health
department, local agencies, and the Center for Disease
- Plans, directs and supervises epidemiologic investigations of
all significant clusters of infection.
- Collaborates with Employee Health department in implementation
and maintenance of employee infection surveillance and immunization
- Serves as an expert to advise personnel on patient isolation
and treatment of infectious disease processes during routine rounds
and as needed.
- Collects, analyses, and collates data accurately.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 3 years of experience in Infection Control or Hospital
Epidemiology; 2 of those years must be in the acute care
- A Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology, Microbiology,
Nursing or healthcare related field.
- Certified in Infection Control, required.
Keywords: MemorialCare Health System, Long Beach , Infection Control Professional, Infection Control - FT/Days (8hr), Other , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!