Senior Manager Operations
Company: Yusen Logistics
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: June 9, 2021
This position empowers you to build on the success of our
Contract Logistics Group by managing a team and implementing best
practices that ultimately benefits our clients. This Senior Manager
oversees and coordinates operational activities for organization to
obtain optimum efficiency and economy of operations. Maximizes
profits, by performing the following duties personally or through
- Responsible for implementation and administration of company
policies, budgets and developing long range goals and objectives.
Identifies and implements best practices across shifts.
- Reviews analyses of activities, costs, operations, labor
plan/labor cost and forecast data to determine department progress
toward stated goals and objectives.
- Analyzes department budget to identify variances and potential
reductions (i.e. Supplies, Labor, Space) and allocates operating
budget. Supports all financial reporting.
- Plans, budgets, and schedules facilities modifications
including cost estimates, bid sheets, layouts, and contracts for
construction and acquisitions.
- Establishes operational procedures for activities such as
verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and
disposition of materials, and keeping warehouse inventory
- Executes, monitors, and enhances safety and security procedures
to ensure a safe work environment and reduce all safety related
occurrences. Supports Kaizen and Quality initiatives.
- Interfaces with customer to ensure satisfaction of customer
requirements and requests.
- Participates in the implementation of new customers to include
but not limited to; assisting in determining rate schedule,
planning required manpower to meet Service Level agreements,
writing and reviewing Standard Operating Procedures, etc.
- Provides consultation and analyses for contract
- Conducts studies in areas of packaging, warehousing, and
loading of commodities and evaluates existing procedures and
- Leads/organizes special projects as required.
- Provides direction to subordinate managers who supervise a
mixture of non-exempt employees and temporary hourly associates. Is
responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and
performance and productivity evaluation of 3+ shifts.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
company policy and regulatory and legal requirements. Responsible
for interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning,
assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding,
recognizing, and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university, or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 7+ years contract logistics, warehousing, or logistics related
experience at a management level
- Prior experience with P&L management
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate a team
and meet established goals.
- Solutions oriented with the ability to propose new solutions
and/or resolve customer issues
- Proficiency with MS Office Word, Excel and Outlook
- High level of organizational and time management skills
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1st of the month
following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death &
Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition
Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation, and much
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility
requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective
policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human
About Yusen Logistics (Americas)
Yusen Logistics is a leading global provider of International
Freight Forwarding, Contract Logistics, and Supply Chain Solutions.
With over 24,000 employees across 45 countries, our extraordinary
employees work towards a common goal of providing large and small
companies across a variety of industries the logistics support they
need to meet the demands of their customers. For more information,
please visit our website at www.yusen-logistics.com.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. values each individual employee
and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by providing
equal employment opportunities for all applicants without regard to
race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status,
uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender
orientation, genetic information or any other protected status in
accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
Keywords: Yusen Logistics, Long Beach , Senior Manager Operations, Other , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!