Bilingual Travel Chaperone (Deployed Resource)
Company: Caliburn International
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Our vision aims to empower our clients by actively leveraging
our broad range of services. With our global presence, we have
career opportunities all across the world which can lead to a
unique, exciting and fulfilling career path. Pick your path today!
To see what career opportunities we have available, explore below
to find your next career!
The Youth Care Worker (YCW) is responsible for all direct care
to tender age children, adolescents and teenagers. They provide a
continuous, line of sight supervision, to all children at all
times. The YCW will ensure quality care for all children and follow
all contract agency policies. Assist children with their valuables,
clothing, laundry, and appointments. This position reports to the
Lead Youth Care Worker.
All services shall be provided in accordance with established
standards, principles, and ethics of the profession, applicable
professional specialty organizations, and the high-quality standard
for which CHS-Caliburn is recognized.
You will be deployed to specific worksite. Currently, there are
sites in Arizona, California, New Mexico, and Texas. All travel,
lodging, and per diem allowances will be provided in accordance
with GSA guidelines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides direct supervision of children in care, and maintain
line-of-sight at all times.
- Provides oversight during recreation, mealtime, relaxing time,
- Assists during transition and movement of children from one
activity to the next and one physical location to another.
- Interacts with children in an appropriate manner, including
playing games or during recreational time.
- Ensures that all contract agency policies and procedures are
- Ensures quality care for all children residents and timely
response to UAC needs.
- Ensures that all children's needs are provided for such as
protection of valuables, clothing distribution, laundry services,
- Provides reports to the manager regarding children's needs,
activities, and documentation of time/location.
- Attends appropriate internal and external meetings.
- Performs duties in a safe manner.
- Follows the corporate safety policy.
- Participates and supports safety meetings, training, and
- Encourages co-workers to work safely.
- Identifies "close calls" and/or safety concerns to
- Ensures the safety and security of all children and the
operating conditions within the area of responsibility.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Minimum age of 21 years or older.
- High school diploma or it equivalent.
- Bilingual in both the Spanish & English language (Read, Write,
- Experience with children in child welfare or social service
- Excellent presentation skills as well as oral and written
- Proficiency with computer, common office equipment, and MS
Office products required.
- Ability to ascend/descend stairs.
- Ability to lift up to 15+ lbs.
- Able to communicate verbally and listen to constant
surveillance of children's activities.
- Ability to stand; particularly for sustained periods of
- Able to receive and understand detailed information through
- Able to withstand changing environmental conditions with the
weather (rain, lightning, and winds).
- Able to withstand and manipulate through construction areas,
sports fields, etc.
Caliburn International is an equal opportunity/affirmative
action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration without regard to race, color, sex, national origin,
age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Caliburn International, Long Beach , Bilingual Travel Chaperone (Deployed Resource), Other , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!