Franchised Sales/Catering Coordinator
Company: Marriott International
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Posting Date Apr 27, 2021
Job Number 21040395
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location The Westin Long Beach, 333 East Ocean Boulevard, Long
Beach, California, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-Management
Located Remotely? N
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an
independent franchisee, Highgate Hotels. The franchisee controls
all aspects of the hotel's employment policies and practices,
including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a
position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not
by Marriott International.
Sales/Catering Coordinator is responsible for clerical and
administrative duties to assist in the smooth operation of Sales
and Catering. This includes but is not limited to all phases of the
Banquet and Catering sales department, handling group turnovers,
administration of CITY group blocks and space allotments, all
administrative procedures through the life cycle of an event or
group, and general support the sales team. Assist as needed with
onsite events. Prepare all monthly sales and catering reports and
other duties as Directed by the Director of Sales and
- Knowledge of CITY highly preferred. Knowledge of sales and
catering processes in a mid to large hotel. Able to multi task and
be very detail oriented.
- Excellent communication skills to facilitate the sales
- Must possess computer skills, including Microsoft Office,
- High School diploma or equivalent required and/or experience in
a hotel or a related field preferred.
- At least 3 to 5 years of progressive experience in a hotel or
related field preferred.
- College course work in related field helpful.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and
written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive,
friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and
clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions
to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an
attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel
Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to
the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to
encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas
and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating,
preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data,
etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest
or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Marriott International, Long Beach , Franchised Sales/Catering Coordinator, Other , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!