Employee Relations Specialist
Company: Tristar Insurance
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: November 16, 2021
Long Beach Headquarters - Long Beach, CA
Employee Relations Specialist
POSITION SUMMARY: Under direct supervision, provides leadership in
Employee Relations to foster positive employee relations and legal
compliance. Provides advice to employees, managers and executives
on Company Policy, employment law, performance management,
corrective action, dispute resolution and effective communication,
in a manner consistent with maintaining and furthering a positive
perception of the Company's brand.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains knowledge of and assists with implementation of legal
requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human
resources functions, ensuring that policies, procedures and
reporting are in compliance with local, state and federal laws and
- Updates and distributes HR policies, including Employee
- Consultants with management on all employee relations issues,
including hiring, terminations, promotions, corrective action,
performance reviews, and anti-harassment and
- Responds to employee complaints and conducts investigations
timely and efficiently to ensure proper resolution, risk
mitigation, and legal compliance.*
- Responds to EEOC Claims. Writes position statements, when
- Tracks employee Leaves of all types, coordinates with ICS
Absence Specialist as needed*
- Responds to ADA claims and requests for accommodation; manages
Leaves under ADA; coordinates efforts to return employees on Leave
to work; researches and pursues light duty assignments as
- Provides guidance to HR and Payroll staff on effective decision
making, communication and conflict resolution.
- Oversees reductions in force (RIF's), advising managers on
appropriate selection criteria; ensures justifications minimize
legal risk; develops and retains RIF analysis documentation*
- Coordinates the employment separation process for RIF's and
- Drafts and distributes severance agreements; receives completed
agreements and coordinates payment with Payroll*
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and
programs; interprets and applies company policy.*
- Administers performance review program to ensure effectiveness,
compliance, and equity within organization; tracks submittals for
timeliness and provides feedback to managers.*
- Manages and tracks required Sexual Harassment Training. Ensures
training meets state guidelines.*
- Develops and facilitates Employee Relations training programs
for supervisors and managers.*
- Establishes and maintains positive relationships with employees
at all levels.*
- Behaves in a manner consistent with maintaining and furthering
a positive perception of the Company's brand.*
- Responds to interpersonal conflict and stressful work
conditions in a mature, problem-solving, solutions-oriented manner,
consistent with the Company core values.*
- Manages other special projects as assigned.
*Essential job function.
Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree in related field; minimum
five (5) years related experience; or equivalent combination of
education and experience. High school diploma or GED required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of multiple Human Resources disciplines,
including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis,
diversity, performance management, recruitment, training and
development, and federal and state respective employment laws.
- Knowledge of human resources functional areas, including
employment law and regulations.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet strict
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and employees
of the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to generate and analyze reports from HRIS system
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (especially Word,
Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Proven Leadership skills.
- Ability to promote and drive positive change.
- SHRM-CP or PHR certification
Keywords: Tristar Insurance, Long Beach , Employee Relations Specialist, Other , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!