Location: Long Beach
Posted on: January 13, 2022
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION:Responsible for a panel of patients
and, in collaboration with other members of an integrated primary
care team, helps patients meet their preventive, chronic and acute
care needs by being mobile and interacting with them where they
are, in their communities and homes. Engages patients and encourage
them to take an active role in their health by providing them with
the tools necessary to make healthy lifestyle choices and adopt
lifelong healthy behaviors. Gleans information from conversations
with patients and helps develop, implement and manage holistic care
plan with care team. Fosters trusting, supportive, collaborative
and lasting relationships with patients and their families in a
clinical setting, working alongside medical providers in a
collaborative, empathetic team by maintaining rapport and open
lines of communications with patient to ensure their needs are met
and continuity of care is maintained. Serves as primary point of
contact with care team and helps coordinate care, navigate the
healthcare industry, and troubleshoot in a crisis or to be a
listening ear. Works alongside and will be supported by a care team
associated with each patient. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that
demonstrate Optums commitment to superior customer service,
including quality, care and concern with each and every internal
and external customer.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for the patient by
providing administrative guidance throughout the entire healthcare
process and functioning as the individual who assists the patient
in navigating all aspects of the healthcare industry including
- Engages in patient advocacy, empowers patients to take charge
or leadership in their healthcare and coaches patients to ask
questions to understand their disease process as well as treatment
- Assists in patient care coordination that is purposeful and
supportive and steers a care team, constantly communicating with
other team members around patient needs and desires.
- Follows a panel of patients to coordinate all aspects of their
- Meets with members in their homes, neighborhoods and throughout
the complicated paths of the healthcare system.
- Communicates with every patient on your panel at least twice a
- Conducts regular friendly outreach calls to patient to track
continuity of care and anticipate concerns or questions.
- Coordinates care for patients by identifying and addressing
their barriers to and social influences on good health.
- Captures relevant information about the patients health and
healthcare experience and performs standard age and
condition-appropriate screening assessments.
- Helps execute on treatment plan developed by the clinician,
which includes arrangements for referral to services as
- Learns about the chronic health conditions that span the
patient panel and helps patients take preventative care measures as
instructed by their clinician.
- Facilitates communication with patient and caregiver and
coordinates patient care with appropriate resource allocations,
referrals and notifications that are purposeful, supportive and
interconnected with care team to ensure ongoing coordinated
management of patient care.
- Provides anticipatory preventive guidance to families with
children and establishes healing relationships with members and
- Provides community resource information and performs referral
and liaison activities as necessary for the patients ambulatory
- Maintains current information on all frequently used community
resources, financial resources and placement facilities.
- Supports care team through collection of information available
in EHR, PIR, from the patient or caregiver to remind and alert team
of any concerns, change of condition in patient or recent ED / UCC
- Initiates sincere special occasion touch base functions, such
as birthday and holiday greetings, phone calls and cards.
- Uses, protects, and discloses Optum patients protected health
information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance
Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.EDUCATION:
- 1 to 2 years of post-high school education or a degree from a
- Bachelors degree preferred.EXPERIENCE:Minimum:
- Over 2 years of experience in customer service / sales
- Experience with managing complex schedules and managing
- Over 1 year and up to and including 3 years of experience in a
- Prior experience in a health plan, medical group or IPA setting
working with physician networks.
- Experience in utilizing a clinical information systems.
- Previous supervisory experience.If you need to enter a work
site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms
using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e.,
entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth
Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any
state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth
Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas
where physical distancing cannot be attained.Careers with Optum.
Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant
objective; make health care work better for everyone. Optum, part
of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together
some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health
care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you,
that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated
challenges that matter. Here youll find incredible ideas in one
incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's
best work. (SM)Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum and
its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected
veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by law. Optum and its affiliated
medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required
to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Optum, Long Beach , Care Partner, Other , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!