Recovery Coach - FT or PT
Company: Shoreline Center for Eating Disorder Treatment
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Shoreline Center for Eating Disorders is growing!Hiring Recovery
Coaches for all Shifts: 1pm - 9pm, 9pm - 5am, 5 am - 1 pm;Full Time
availability preferred but will consider Part Time
availability.Since 1995, Shoreline Center for Eating Disorder
Treatment, a facility within the Odyssey Eating Disorder Network,
has successfully been helping individuals achieve recovery from
anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and binge eating disorder for
all genders, ages 13 and over. We offer personalized, compassionate
programs, delivered by highly-trained and experienced eating
disorder experts. As a Recovery Coach, you will work
collaboratively to support our clients' social and emotional needs
and make a difference in their recovery.Position SummaryThe
Recovery Coach promotes clients' involvement in the treatment
program. Recovery Coaches assist clients in various clinical,
nutritional and administrative activities as directed, to ensure
optimal client outcome.
- Assists the daily milieu at Shoreline, assisting with program
activities, observations, charting progress/improvement/decline,
- Consistently maintains the privacy and confidentiality
requirements and regulations.
- Becomes familiar with the histories and needs of clients and
identifies cues and behaviors that may indicate a change in the
- Under the direction of the Director of Nutrition Services
provides appropriate emotional support to clients.
- Spends one on one time with clients during scheduled activities
and leisure time.
- Communicates pertinent patient information to the Clinical
Program Manager as well as to the treatment team, as
- Responsible for maintaining proper and timely documentation
regarding client's progress. Alerts management and Therapists of
client concerns or problems.
- Day and evening shift Recovery Coaches are required to eat
meals with the clients, providing role modeling healthy food and
body image behaviors.
- Observes client behavior during and after meals.
- Assists in various nutritional activities including but not
limited to, meal preparation, grocery shopping, meal outings,
supervision of exercise and other activities assigned by the
clinical staff and/or the Dietitian.
- Demonstrates proper food safety and handling standards when
preparing/serving meals to the clients.
- Assist with housekeeping duties, including cleaning of
facilities (i.e. taking out trash, loading and unloading
dishwasher, laundry, running errands and other duties as
- Assist with tours for clients, family members, students,
visitors and interested parties as requested.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational
opportunities; reading professional publications related to
Shoreline Mission and population.ISJP123Education and
Experience:Position requires a 1+ years of related experience.
Bachelor's Degree preferred. Experience with eating disorders is
strongly preferred.Other Requirements:Position requires incumbent
to have a valid driver's license and vehicle insurance.
Shoreline reserves the rights to modify, interpret, or apply this
job description in any way the organization desires. This job
description in no way implies that these are the only duties,
including essential duties, to be performed by the employee
occupying this position. This job description is not an employment
contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains
"At-Will." The aforementioned job requirements are subject to
change to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with
Keywords: Shoreline Center for Eating Disorder Treatment, Long Beach , Recovery Coach - FT or PT, Other , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!