Patient Outreach Coordinator
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Excited to grow your career?We value our talented employees, and
whenever possible strive to help one of our associates grow
professionally before recruiting new talent to our open positions.
If you think the open position you see is right for you, we
encourage you to apply.Our people make all the difference in our
success.OVERVIEW OF POSITION:Conducts outbound outreach campaigns
to schedule enrolled Medicare Advantage patients for comprehensive
assessments in an effort to achieve measurable results for overall
business and superior medical outcome objectives.ESSENTIAL
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that
demonstrate Optum's commitment to superior customer service,
including quality, care and concern with every internal and
- Supports the execution of regional and site-based outreach
programs targeted to Medicare Advantage patients.
- Schedules appointments in the company's practice management
application and updates relevant demographic and contact
information to ensure accuracy.
- Plans, coordinates and participates in telephone and mail
campaigns, health fairs, site-based events, and other
activities/events; at times, these events can take place on
- Collaborates with Regional and Central Teams to identify and
develop new programs to improve patients' engagement in their
- Maintains good collaborative working relationships with Optum
site administrators, Contracted Providers and staff, community
centers, and vendors.
- Stays abreast of Optum's Medicare Advantage internal programs
and initiatives to ensure accurate representation to patients.
- Uses, protects, and discloses Optum patients' protected health
information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance
Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.EDUCATION:
- 1 or 2 years of post-high school education or a degree from a
- Over 1 year and up to and including 3 years of working with the
- Over 2 years of customer service experience.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS,
- Bilingual in another language is a plus.
- Computer literate including familiarity with Microsoft
applications (Word, Excel).
- Service-oriented and culturally sensitive.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Excellent telephone skills and telephone etiquette.
- Organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Organized, detail-oriented and task-oriented.
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible.
- Self-motivated and team player.Requirement:Full COVID-19
vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth
Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as
well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of
vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.UnitedHealth
Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire
organization around one giant objective; make health care work
better for everyone. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family
of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most
advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its
fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance
teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Here you'll
find incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular
opportunity to do your life's best work.(SM)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum and its affiliated
medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative
Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status,
disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other
characteristic protected by law. Optum and its affiliated medical
practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass
a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Optum, Long Beach , Patient Outreach Coordinator, Other , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!