Account Executive- Energy Service Performance Contracting (MUSH) (2556)
Company: Southland Industries
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: May 5, 2022
PEOPLE FIRST: BUILDING TALENT BY DESIGN
Who is Southland Energy?
As a division of Southland Industries , Southland Energy is a
national provider of performance-based energy and infrastructure
solutions with roots in one of the nation's leading MEP building
systems companies. We leverage our design build engineering and
construction expertise to help our clients reduce their operating
expenses, renew their infrastructure, and make their facilities
more resilient. Southland Energy combines a self-performance
project delivery model with world-class energy engineering
expertise to develop, construct and sustain the most cost-effective
and reliable solutions in the industry.
Why Join Southland Energy?
Southland Energy is rapidly growing to meet our clients' demands
for providing turn-key facility life-cycle solutions. We're
building an industry-leading team with the capabilities to plan,
execute, and sustain all elements of our clients' energy
As a privately held Company, we have the autonomy, agility and
flexibility to quickly develop and execute customized solutions
that meet our clients' unique and diverse goals. Our employees
experience a streamlined business structure that encourages
innovation and entrepreneurial spirit while also providing the
tools and support necessary to deliver outstanding projects for our
Our people-first culture provides opportunities for personal and
professional Development and our work environment is progressive,
exciting, supportive, and fun.
If you're ready to own your success and be a part of an
industry-changing team, then Southland Energy is for you!
What will you do?
By joining our team as an experienced and qualified Account
Executive you will have the key responsibility of developing an
overall strategy to grow Southland Energy in the public-sector
marketplace by identifying and qualifying clients to pursue for
complex or major accounts across several vertical markets. As an
expert in consultative selling and business development you will
develop opportunities in the San Francisco Bay area or Los Angeles
region- we are open to candidates in either location.
As an Account Executive you will deal directly with key decision
makers and influencers in the public-sector customer base and
Utility partner organizations (MUSH Market), working with technical
representatives in order to develop a clear understanding of the
customer's needs and concerns.
Some key accountabilities you will have as an Account Executive
- Identify and qualify clients to pursue for complex or major
accounts across several verticals or multiple geographic markets.
Contracts profitable business with qualified clients.
- Develop a business plan that outlines key strategies and
activities necessary to secure work and grow business
- Meet with prospective clients to understand their business
needs and provide creative performance-based energy and
- Proactively qualify and manage a robust and balanced sales
- Provide accurate forecasting of projected bookings using the
company's CRM system.
- Develop and maintain new and existing client relationships
through industry contacts, professional organizations and
- Research best practices and models behaviors for other team
members including peers.
- Target contacts and build long term relationships with policy
makers and influential stakeholders within the client and industry
- Develop project-specific and strategic client pursuit
- Engage the necessary internal and external resources to help
support the qualification and pursuit of opportunities.
- Provide guidance, training and coaching to less experienced
Things you may have done before
- Have a Bachelor's degree from four-year College or University
in Engineering, Business, or Energy related field
- Equivalent combination of education and sales experience would
be an acceptable alternative to the above-mentioned degree
- 5 years' experience in applicable industry or role combined
with proven sales record
- The ideal experience would be in the Bay area or LA area
- The ideal experience would be a minimum of 5 years of
performance contracting sales experience
- Have Energy Industry experience utilizing available funding
versus financing requirements
- Have significant experience in third party financed performance
contracting with excellent ability to develop written proposals
that can clearly articulate the benefits of recommendations both
technically and financially.
- Demonstrated success selling complex, customer focused
- Requires experience conducting complex financial
- Must be an expert in time management, prioritizing, and
focusing on most important tasks while managing constant changes in
planned schedules to meet prospects' changing requirements and
- Have a strong ability to manage large, complex accounts
(existing and new) to effectively maintain positive relationships
and continued work from the assigned existing client base, while
adding new large accounts to the portfolio.
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power
- Must be proficient at creating and delivering clear, effective
and engaging presentations
- Must be able and willing to travel 50% of the time
How will you grow with the organization?
Southland Energy prides itself on impressive, sustainable growth
and our philosophy on talent is no different. All Southland
Industries divisions commit to Attracting the right talent, while
fostering talent retention through diverse career experiences.
How does Southland make sure you are growing in your career? Along
with training opportunities, Southland Industries' "connected
solution" approach provides opportunities to work both with
industry experts in the Energy division as well as across all
Southland divisions to gain unique exposure to these construction
and engineering disciplines. Through this cohesive and
collaborative work dynamic we often see our people change roles,
teams, divisions, and locations as they grow with the company and
progress in their career!
As an employee-owned company, we offer a comprehensive benefits
package that includes excellent benefits for you and your
- 401(k) Plan with 50% Company Match(no cap) and immediate 100%
- Annual bonus program based upon performance, profitability, and
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance - 100% Paid for Employee
- Term Life, AD&D Insurance, and Voluntary Life
- Disability Income Protection Insurance
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Plans (Health and Dependent
- Holidays/Vacation/Personal Time/Life Events Leave
- Numerous training opportunities and company paid membership for
professional associations and licenses
For more information on Southland Industries, please visit our web
site: Southland Careers or on Facebook or LinkedIN or Twitter
To hear what our employees are saying about working at Southland
Industries, check out our Career Video - Working at Southland
Southland Industries and all its subsidiaries are an Equal
Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of
any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment
opportunity for all employees and to providing our employees with a
safe work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All
employment decisions at Southland Industries are based on business
needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without
regard to race, color, religion or belief, gender, sex, national
origin, ancestry, age, disability, medical condition, marital
status, sexual orientation, family care or medical leave status,
veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or
regulations in the locations where we operate. Southland Industries
will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of
**All employment offers are contingent upon successful, drug test,
background check and professional reference checks. ****We are not
able to offer sponsorship of employment at this time**
If you don't feel this position is match for you, we encourage you
to share it with others. Feel free to share throughout your social
networks and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram
to keep up to date on what we're doing as a company.
Keywords: Southland Industries, Long Beach , Account Executive- Energy Service Performance Contracting (MUSH) (2556), Other , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!