Company: Morrison Healthcare
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: May 6, 2022
- We are hiring immediately for a SERVER, PATIENT (FULL-TIME)
- Location: Long Beach Memorial, 2801 Atlantic Avenue, Long
Beach, CA, 90806. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Full-Time: Flexible scheduling, more details upon
- Requirement: Previous experience is preferred. Willing to
- $1500 Sign-On Bonus! $500 paid upon successful completion of 30
days + $1000 paid upon successful completion of 90 days. Details
provided upon interview. Make a difference in the lives of people,
your community, and yourself. Join a culture of opportunity with
Morrison Healthcare. Our careers are filled with purpose and
empower you to transform healthcare experiences. Take a look for
yourself at the Power of Food!Morrison Healthcare is a leading
national food and nutrition services company exclusively dedicated
to serving more than 806 hospitals and healthcare systems. Morrison
uses the Power of Food to create personalized dining experiences
for patients and in their cafs to advance the healing and healthful
missions of its clients. Morrison has been serving some of the
nation's largest health systems for more than 65 years and
leverages culinary, nutritional, and operational expertise to
provide consistency and transform the healthcare experience.
Morrison has been recognized as one of Modern Healthcare's Best
Places to Work in 2020 for the 8th time and was named a Top 125
Training Organization by Training Magazine in 2020 for the 9th
time. Glassdoor also named Morrison a 2018 Best Places to Work and
CEO Tim Pierce a 2019 Most Admired CEO. Morrison is a Compass One
Healthcare operating division within Compass Group and has more
than 1,200 registered dietitians, 300 executive chefs, and 21,000
professional food service team members. Why it is still safe for
you to work in healthcare We know that many of you who are new to
working in a healthcare setting might be a little unsure about your
safety. Yet, serving where the viruses and potential contagions are
known and are being controlled is among the safest places to
work!For anyone who becomes a member of one of our teams, we make
sure you are safe and well managed. We also have a lot of resources
available for you. We believe that knowledge is power, and that
with this knowledge in your back pocket, you will feel much better
about serving in healthcare during these challenging times. Thank
you for serving others to make a difference.Job SummarySummary:
Responsible for patient food service on assigned units, including
menu selections, tray assembly, tray delivery and pick-up, special
requests and needs, and in-between meal food delivery. Essential
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Exhibits a friendly, caring attitude to patients when taking
menu selections, delivering trays, inquiring during catering rounds
and retrieving trays.
- Takes patients menu selections prior to each meal.
- Complies with dietary restrictions on special, modified diets
to ensure optimal food preferences are met within guidelines of
diet order limitations.
- Offers alternatives to menu as allowed on prescribed diet in
accordance with food allergies and sensitivities, cultural, ethnic
and religious preferences, when patient inquires or needs
- Assembles trays according to patients' menu selections on tray
tickets in a timely and accurate manner.
- Interacts with nursing staff to ensure patients' diet
prescriptions are accurate and patients' food needs are met.
- Retrieves trays from patients' rooms.
- Maintains accurate and current information for each patient on
- Assists dietitian with monitoring of patients who are NPO, on
liquid diets or have a calorie count ordered.
- Communicates any patient related problems/concerns to
appropriate personnel in a timely manner following departmental
- Adheres to facility confidentiality and patients' rights policy
as outlined in the facility's HIPAA policies and procedures.
- Contributes to patient satisfaction goals by providing quality
- Complies with federal, state and local health and sanitation
regulations and department sanitation procedures.
- Maintains a clean, sanitary working environment.
- Follows HACCP guidelines when assembling and distributing food
supplies to ensure quality and safety of food supply.
- Completes all daily, weekly or monthly reports as outlined in
the corporate policies and procedures on a timely basis meeting all
- Identifies and utilizes cleaning chemicals following directions
recommended by manufacturers and per MSDS sheets.
- Utilizes equipment in performing job functions according to
department's safety procedures.
- Follows facility and departmental safety policies and
procedures to include incident reporting.
- Follows facility and departmental infection control policies
- Follows the facility's protocols for Hazardous Materials and
- Adheres to Emergency Preparedness Program and Life Safety
Program. Participates in drills, as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Qualifications:
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Computer technical skills to operate hospital systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Associates
at Morrison Healthcare are offered many fantastic benefits.Both
full-time and part-time positions offer the following benefits to
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance,
Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services,
and Choice Auto and Home ProgramIn addition, full-time positions
also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) About Compass Group:
Achieving leadership in the foodservice industryCompass Group is an
equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to
treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their
abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race,
national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected
by law. Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential
functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a
reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not
necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities,
skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While
this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position
posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the
essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los
Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent
with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for
Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Keywords: Morrison Healthcare, Long Beach , Server, Patient, Other , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!