CNC Machinist, Level 2, 2nd Shift (10% Premium)
Company: Orchid Orthopedics
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: May 8, 2022
SUMMARY OF POSITION
This site focuses primarily on CNC milling for the trauma and spine
markets. Other capabilities include cleaning, CNC bending,
passivation and assembly for both implants and instruments. There
are approximately 100 people in this facility.
The CNC Machinist II position contributes to the production of
medical devices by operating and performing basic set ups of CNC 3
and 4 Axis machines, with the ability to identify X, Y, Z and 0
coordinates. He/she is responsible for running multiple and varying
CNC machines simultaneously, such as Lathes, EDM Wire, Plunge, and
CMM machines in addition to operating manual machine tools to cut,
drill, shape, and finish quality products with minimal or no
supervision. Experience in CNC machining across multi-axis or
multiple CNC machines, in a manufacturing work environment
ARC - Shift 2 (10%) (United States of America - California)
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Performs set ups of 3,4, & 5+ Axis CNC machines.
- Operates multiple machines simultaneously.
- Monitors the machine to ensure proper program performance.
- Completes shop work orders, inspection documentation, and daily
- Makes off sets and adjustments to machines without
- Troubleshoots problems and escalates to technical experts and
leadership as necessary.
- Advocates for the health and safety of self, co-workers,
customers, and the community.
- Support quality and compliance by adhering to all procedures,
work instructions, and forms per the Quality Management Systems
- Completes all required training.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
3+ Years of machining experience in a manufacturing environment
(Required), Experience in Medical Device Manufacturing (Preferred),
Lean manufacturing experience (Preferred)
High School Or Equivalent Required, , ,
Machining - Trade School
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS THAT ENABLE SUCCESS
Accuracy and Attention to Detail (Working Experience), Blueprint
Reading (Extensive Experience), Communication (Working Experience),
Data Entry (Working Experience), GD&T (Extensive Experience),
Handwriting (Basic Knowledge), Information Processing (Working
Experience), Machine Set Up (Extensive Experience), Mathematical
Ability (Basic Knowledge), Problem Solving (Working Experience),
Quality Inspection Metrology Tools (Working Experience), Visual
Quality Assurance (Working Experience)
WHAT WE OFFER
- Opportunity to work in a growing company
- Ability to help people live a longer, more active life
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Ability to work in an organization that values:
- Integrity First: We do the right thing
- Teamwork: We are one Orchid
- Results: Our results matter
- Constantly operates machinery.
- Constantly positions self to operate machinery in a variety of
- Constantly visually inspect parts
- Occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 20 pounds
- Ability to work mandatory overtime and weekends as
- Frequently quickly grasp objects
- Candidates offered employment may be required to submit to a
pre-employment background check and pre-employment drug-screening
based on position requirements
- Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work
in the United States through eVerify
EOE, including disability/vets
Keywords: Orchid Orthopedics, Long Beach , CNC Machinist, Level 2, 2nd Shift (10% Premium), Other , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!