Bilingual Community Engagement Lead
Company: Wider Circle
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Wider Circle is looking for a Bilingual Community Engagement
Lead in Long Beach, California to join our circle and play a vital
role in running Connect for Life, our groundbreaking program that
connects neighbors for better health, empowering them to live
longer, healthier lives while finding joy in one another's company.
The successful candidate will radiate confidence and empathy,
establish trust with our members, and skillfully switch between
group and one-on-one interactions. They will tirelessly utilize any
means necessary to connect and engage with members, including
in-person group events, one-one home visits, and telephone
outreach. If you are passionate about serving your community and
enjoy making connections, then come join us in our movement to
battle healthcare inequity.
- You will lead the Connect For Life program, using Wider Circle
developed curriculum to build trust, promote health, and encourage
- You will plan, advertise, and host virtual and in-person events
for members, fostering relationships with and between members to
help encourage wellness outcomes.
- You will reach out to members to check in on them and encourage
participation in Chapter events and other small and large group
activities, ensuring members engage with us every month.
- You will canvass members in their homes to review benefits and
provide an overview of resources available through their health
- You will record details of your interactions with members on a
computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- You will identify members who are natural leaders and invite
them to serve as Wider Circle Ambassadors who will help you connect
with members and run events.
- You will connect with prospective members and develop
individualized plans to enroll them in the Connect For Life
- You will serve as a liaison, connecting members to their health
plans and each other.
- You will create partnerships with local community-based
organizations to bring additional services to our members'
- You will hold yourself accountable for achieving membership
engagement and growth goals and monitor the success of your efforts
by tracking attendance, feedback, and other metrics.
- You have a passion for helping people and serving others.
- You understand the socio-economic and public health challenges
facing disenfranchised people,
- You have 3+ years of relevant community outreach, teaching,
facilitation, or volunteer experience; healthcare experience,
including CNA/CNT or CMA/CCMA designations, is a plus.
- You have a high school diploma or GED; bachelors or associates
- You have excellent presentation and communication skills, both
written and verbal, and are comfortable speaking one-on-one and to
- You have an outgoing personality and unwavering, positive
attitude, with the ability to comfortably engage with others in
person and via video conference or phone.
- You love building relationships and networking and have a knack
for motivating and influencing different types of people.
- You are great at organizing, prioritizing, and following
through on commitments. You thrive when everything is in the right
place, and you've checked all the tasks off your list.
- You have strong computer skills and the ability to navigate
web-based and app-based systems.
- You can work independently in a remote work environment with
- You have reliable transportation and are comfortable traveling
to members' homes.
- You have a flexible schedule and can work outside of regular
business hours when necessary.
- You are bilingual, fluent in English and Spanish.
- You are committed to a drug-free workplace and ready for
pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks.
- Starting at $21-$25/hour commensurate with experience
- Opportunity to grow with the company
- Full-time hours available
- Flexible schedule
- Opportunity to make the world a better place
- This is a contract position
Wider Circle is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does
not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Our
commitment to Diversity & Inclusion supports our ability to build
diverse teams and develop inclusive work environments. We believe
in empowering people and valuing their differences. We are
committed to equal employment opportunity without consideration of
race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, political activity
or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry,
disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity,
gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by
Keywords: Wider Circle, Long Beach , Bilingual Community Engagement Lead, Other , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!