Behavioral Health Provider
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: June 20, 2022
At WelbeHealth, we make the impossible, possible for underserved
seniors. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge
healthcare and well-being service products especially for seniors
and their families. Now is your chance to join our talented team
that delivers unparalleled creative healthcare, insurance, social
support and more to seniors. We create senior well-being through
our courage to love, pioneering spirit and shared intention. These
values permeate everything we do. At WelbeHealth, you ll help
inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of
healthcare and well-being experiences and create the
never-before-seen!JOB SUMMARYUnder the supervision of the Associate
Medical Director or Medical Director, the Psychiatric Mental Health
Nurse Practitioner will collaborate with PACE Physicians and
Community-Based PACE Physicians to provide assessments, planning,
and behavioral health. The Nurse Practitioner will routinely
provide continuous behavioral health coverage to WelbeHealth
participants in an interdisciplinary team environment while staying
in accordance with all WelbeHealth standards. The Psychiatric
Mental Health Nurse Practitioner collaborates effectively with
colleagues and stakeholders to promote the WelbeHealth values, team
culture, and mission.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide psychiatric consultation, psychiatric illness
evaluation, counseling, and treatment for participants in
collaboration with PACE Physicians and Community-Based PACE
- In collaboration with a physician, perform in-person or
telehealth comprehensive psychiatric assessments on participants
and collaborate with the IDT team to develop a comprehensive care
plan for each participant.
- Collaborate with physician(s) and IDT in discharge planning
from acute or long-term care settings.
- In consultation with the PACE Physician and/or Community-Based
PACE Physician, refer participants to a psychiatrist as
- In collaboration with the PACE Physician and/or Community-Based
PACE Physician, manage care of participants in the nursing home,
making regular visits as dictated by WelbeHealth standards and
- Be a consultant to IDT communicating participant changes,
collaborating on care planning decisions and coordinating 24-hour
- Work collaboratively with PACE Physicians, Community-Based PACE
Physicians and other members of the IDT to ensure effective care
- Provides patient education regarding medications, risks,
benefits, and reasonable outcome expectations.
- Communicates with patients and engages in follow-up, as
- May also provide primary medical care services as indicated, in
accordance with statues, regulations and protocols regulating the
- Maintain professional licensure and certifications.
- Be legally authorized to practice in position location,
- Only act within the scope of his or her authority to
- Complete all required documentation in a timely and accurate
- Protect privacy and maintain confidentiality of all company
procedures and information about team members, participants, and
- Follow WelbeHealth policies and procedures and participate in
any required Quality Improvement activities, staff training and
- Communicate regularly with Supervisor and team regarding
workload and priorities.Qualifications and Requirements:
- Masters of Science in Nursing, with a Psychiatric/ Mental
Health emphasis from an Accredited College or University.
- Certified as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse
- Active Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner State
License without Restrictions.
- State CDS Certification and DEA License.
- NPI license
- Valid State Driver s License with a clean DMV record.
- Copy of recent Vehicle Insurance required.
- Minimum of two years experience working with the frail or
- Ability to build strong working relationships with other
providers and care team.
- Creative and enthusiastic commitment to the triple aim
dedication to improving experience, health, and value for PACE
- Current knowledge of chronic care/geriatric issues and best
- Work well in a managed care environment with an
interdisciplinary team (IDT).
- Excellent clinical, organizational, and communication skills in
settings with frail, elderly participants, their families, and the
- Working knowledge of PACE regulations preferred.
- Ability to travel to other WelbeHealth locations.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize in a fast-paced
- Experience and competency working with people from diverse
backgrounds and cultures.
- Commitment to unlocking the full potential of our most
vulnerable seniors. COVID-19 Vaccination PolicyAt WelbeHealth, our
mission is to unlock the full potential of our vulnerable seniors.
In this spirit, please note that we have a vaccination policy for
all of our employees and proof of vaccination prior to employment
is required. Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and InclusionAt
WelbeHealth, we embrace and cherish the diversity of our team
members, and we're committed to building a culture of inclusion and
belonging. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People
seeking employment at WelbeHealth are considered without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender
expression, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, age,
national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental
disability, medical condition, genetic information or
characteristics (or those of a family member), pregnancy or other
status protected by applicable law.
Keywords: Welbehealth, Long Beach , Behavioral Health Provider, Other , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!