Claims Representative, IAP
Company: Sedgwick Claims Management Services, Inc.
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: June 23, 2022
The 'Apply with SEEK' option will be utilized for International
applicants, mainly Australia. If this does not apply to you please
use the 'Apply' option.
Claims Representative, IAP
IF YOU CARE, THERE'S A PLACE FOR YOU HERE
For a career path that is both challenging and rewarding, join
Sedgwick's talented team of 27,000 colleagues around the globe.
Sedgwick is a leading provider of technology-enabled risk, benefits
and integrated business solutions. Taking care of people is at the
heart of everything we do. Millions of people and organizations
count on Sedgwick each year to take care of their needs when they
face a major life event or something unexpected happens. Whether
they have a workplace injury, suffer property or financial loss or
damage from a natural or manmade disaster, are involved in an auto
or other type of accident, or need time away from work for the
birth of a child or another medical situation, we are here to
provide compassionate care and expert guidance. Our clients depend
on our talented colleagues to take care of their most valuable
assets-their employees, their customers and their property. At
Sedgwick, caring counts. Join our team of creative and caring
people of all backgrounds, and help us make a difference in the
lives of others.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To be oriented and trained as new industry
professional with the ability to analyze workers compensation,
general liability or disability claims and determine benefits
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
* Attendance and completion of designated classroom claims
professional training program.
* Performs on-the-job training activities including:
* Adjusting lost-time workers compensation claims under close
supervision. May be assigned medical only claims.
* Adjusting low and mid-level liability and/or physical damage
claims under close supervision.
* Processing disability claims of minimal disability duration under
* Documenting claims files and properly coding claim activity.
* Communicating claim action/processing with claimant and
* Supporting other claims examiners and claims supervisors with
larger or more complex claims as assigned.
* Participates in rotational assignments to provide temporary
support for office needs.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Supports the organization's quality program(s).
Education & Licensing
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
preferred or equivalent experience as outlined below.
No experience required with college degree. State license,
self-insured certificate, WCCA/WCCP designation, or completion of
the Sedgwick Claims Progression Program required without a degree.
Prior claims experience preferred.
Skills and Knowledge
* Excellent oral and written communication, including presentation
* PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
* Analytical skills
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to
Mental: Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment
and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to
handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet
Physical: Computer keyboarding, travel as required
Auditory/Visual: Hearing, vision and talking
NOTE: Credit security clearance, confirmed via a background credit
check, is required for this position.
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe
the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague
assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a
comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances.
Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of
the position at any time.
Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free
Keywords: Sedgwick Claims Management Services, Inc., Long Beach , Claims Representative, IAP, Other , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!