Events and Development Associate
Company: Linc Housing
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: August 8, 2022
In the spirit of collaboration, excellence, and innovation, we
at Linc housing are committed to building and preserving housing
that is affordable, environmentally sustainable and a catalyst for
community improvement. Our team works hard to address California's
homelessness crisis by building supportive housing and addressing
the affordable housing needs of California's diverse population.We
are proud of and inspired by our mission to build communities and
strengthen neighborhoods for people underserved by the marketplace.
Our feats could not have been achieved without the resilience and
drive for excellence put forth by our team. If you are interested
in joining a team of dedicated, caring, and talented individuals
inspired to make change, you have found the right place.
POSITION TITLE: Events and Development AssociateFLSA STATUS:
Under the general supervision of the Senior Corporate Development
Manager, the Events & Development Associate supports fund
development activities by providing coordination for CRM
administration, donor management, fundraising programs including
Welcome Home, and events that foster growth and support for Linc
Housing. The Events & Development Associate is responsible for
onsite and offsite events, planning sessions for events and
projects, annual, recurring, and planned giving campaigns,
stewardship of donors, and maintenance of secure files and lists of
the corporation's donors and key stakeholders. Supports timely
inter and intra department workflow for these and all other
projects and other corporate activities as needed.
The Events & Development Associate works with direction from
supervisor, and with complex systems to monitor and oversee
tracking and control of events, donor communications, and lists.
This position will also have technical knowledge of the particular
types of documents, budgets, contracts, lists, and personal donor
information to be controlled, e.g., legal/technical terminology,
compliance requirements. Maintains absolute confidentiality with
donor records and uses discretion in the disclosure of non-donor
information to various internal and external parties. This position
works a hybrid schedule.
- Controls and coordinates workflow for annual, recurring and
planned giving campaigns, Welcome Home program, mailings and
communications with key stakeholders, donors, and donor
- Grows individual giving through expansion of constituent
mailing list, implementation of peer-to-peer fundraising,
solicitation of matching gift donors, securing new employer
collaboration on payroll deduction recurring gifts.
- Supports major gift campaign through research and moves
management record maintenance.
- Manages onsite and offsite events such as Linc's annual
fundraising events, Welcome Home volunteer days, property grand
openings, and trade shows.
- Manages constituent records, donation transaction processing,
donor recognition, and generates reports in The Raisers Edge.
- Identifies donor prospects and conducts research and data
collection of prospects.
- Composes correspondence to staff, vendors, guests, donors, and
key stakeholders as needed.
- Conducts needs assessments and creates budgets, timelines, and
agendas for planning sessions.Sources venues, vendors, and guest
speakers; acquires bids, negotiates, and secures necessary
contracts, and monitors the corporation's compliance with
- Sources venues, vendors, and guest speakers; acquires bids,
negotiates, and secures necessary contracts, and monitors the
corporation's compliance with contractual agreements.
- Sources and purchases materials for events and communications
utilizing competitive bids and purchase order procedures where
- Ensures adherence to Linc's event planning checklists and
timely execution of events and relevant mailings.
- Maintains written and digital records of events, mailings,
communications, and lists including recap analysis of each project
for future reference.
- Works with supervisor to create and implement annual strategic
- Conducts regular meetings with Sr. Corporate Development
Manager on status of events and fundraising campaigns as well as
suggested improvements for future events and fundraising.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES Knowledge of:
- Donor database CRM software.
- Writing and grammar skills, mathematics.
- Internet research methodology.
- Methods of managing paper process flow, purchase orders,
coordination and control of documents.
- Solid understanding of technical terminology contained in
department documents, e.g., rental contracts, purchase
- Solid understanding of applicable Federal, State and local
regulations, permits, policies, procedures and practices related to
documents for department.
- Specialized software e.g., Raisers Edge, Microsoft Office,
Adobe Creative suite a plus
- Strong skills and experience in The Raisers Edge donor
- Superior writing and communication skills.
- Strong skills in advanced applications of relevant software
packages used in the department.
- Strong analytical skills for establishing timelines and project
- Highly organized and able to manage people and paper process
- Excellent interpersonal skills for establishing and maintaining
effective working relationships with all staff, board members,
vendors, donors and prospects, key stakeholders, guests, and the
- Able to work with multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Familiarity with technical/legal terminology and standard
practices regarding the department area of specialization, e.g.,
vendor contracts, insurance and legal documents, donation
agreements, grant applications, etc.
- Assess, design, implement and monitor document and data control
processes and information.
- Set priorities in fast-paced environment.
- Manage and work effectively with others in a team
- Work with minimal supervision.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCEA combination of education and related
experience may substitute for education requirements.
- College degree and
- 2 years of experience working in fund development and events
environment; familiarity with the technical documents, terminology,
procedures of fund development
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONSThe physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is performed primarily in an office environment under
pressure and requires the ability to quickly adjust to changing
priorities and demands.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently required to sit and use a keyboard
- Lifts up to ten pounds.
- Travel to events, venues, trade shows, and conferences.The
statements contained in this position description reflect general
details as necessary to describe the primary functions of this
position, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and
the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an
all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform
other duties as assigned including work in other functional areas
to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods, or
otherwise to balance the workload.
Keywords: Linc Housing, Long Beach , Events and Development Associate, Other , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!