LVN/LPN, Mental Health - Residential
Company: Discovery Behavioral Health
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: September 18, 2022
TheLVN/LPNis responsible for assisting and supporting residents
through the entire treatment experience from admission through
discharge. The LVNis responsible for communicating observations and
insights to the treatment team (i.e. therapists, dietitian,
psychiatrist, pediatrician and facility administrator) to ensure
the team is comprehensively addressing each clients issues. The LVN
introduces each new client to his/her fellow residents and the
treatment staff, and orients each client to the rules,
expectations, and routine of the daily treatment
- Ensures all orders from physician/psychiatrist are carried out
and any information about clients and their wellbeing is promptly
and clearly communicated to physician/ psychiatrist and in
treatment team meetings.
- Follows and implements the Nursing Care Plan.
- Follows orders from physician and psychiatrist.
- Dispenses medication as prescribed.
- Counts narcotics each day, logs appropriately.
- Performs primary first aid and determines need for physician
- Performs weekly blood draws and vitals.
- Manages and orders supplies and keeps a fully stocked and
operational nursing station.
- Manages clients medical needs including schedule appointments,
complete referral/ prior authorizations for medical treatments and
tests as indicated.
- Supports client during admission processes. This may include
checking in client belongings, acclimating client to the program
- Supervises and supports clients on community outings, when
- Objectively and accurately documents client progress on a daily
- Assesses clients suicidality and possibility of danger to self
- Communicates with referral sources and outpatient providers for
continuity of care upon admission, midpoint, and discharge,
including the use of Discovery Connect.
- On call responsibilities as neededWe are hiring forPM shifts
- Bachelors degree in relevant field
- Experience working in behavioral healthcare
- Registered or licensed with appropriate state governing
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free
workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, or national
origin.For more information about our company benefits, please
visit us at discoverybehavioralhealth.com/careers/PandoLogic.
Keywords: Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN), Location: Long Beach, CA
- 90833 , PL: 547401855Required
Keywords: Discovery Behavioral Health, Long Beach , LVN/LPN, Mental Health - Residential, Other , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!