Company: Flowserve Corporation
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Company Overview: If a culture of excellence, innovation and
ownership is what youre searching for, consider putting your
experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or
as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure
Flowserves position as the global standard in comprehensive flow
control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional
development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our
foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity
and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve,
we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow
control solutions to make the world better for everyone! Role
Summary: Set up and operate a variety of machine tools to produce
precision parts and instruments. Includes precision instrument
makers who fabricate, modify, or repair mechanical instruments. May
also fabricate and modify parts to make or repair machine tools or
maintain industrial machines, applying knowledge of mechanics,
mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures.
HIRES ARE ELIGIBLE FOR UP TO A $2500 SIGN ON BONUS! APPLY TO FIND
OUT MORE! This is a 2nd Shift role (Monday - Thursday 3:30 PM to
2:00 AM) - 5% Shift Differential Responsibilities:
- Operating/Program CNC or Equipment Operate/Program basic
equipment and machines and carry out routine tasks.
- Operations Management Carry out operational tasks by following
- Equipment Maintenance and Repair - Help to maintain and repair
equipment by carrying out preparations and providing
- Health, Safety and Environment Follow basic mandatory work
instructions to safeguard the environment and the wellbeing of
oneself and others.
- Operational Compliance Follow a straightforward mandatory
procedure to ensure that work is carried out to the required
quality standards and/or to ensure adherence to external regulatory
codes and internal codes of conduct.
- Precision Equipment Utilization Interpret and use precision
measuring equipment/instruments such as micrometers, dial
indicators, and depth gauges.
- Instructions and Drawings Ability to read and interpret
blueprints and geometric tolerances.
- Internal Communications Exchange information with people by
having courteous interactions with them.
- Policy and procedures - Works with guidance to understand
policies and procedures, while making sure they match
organizational strategies and objectives.
- Standing for long times required, repetitive arm motions,
frequent lifting of 25 lbs. with occasional lifting up to 50
- Other duties as assigned. Requirements:
- 2+ years machining experience in a manufacturing or repair
environment operating manual lathes, milling machines, or CNC
- HS Diploma/GED and/or 5-7 years relevant experience in lieu of
- Uses clear and effective verbal communication skills to express
ideas and request actions.
- Works with guidance to plan, organize, and prioritize
activities to efficiently meet business objectives .
- Applies elementary concepts to manage and apply safe systems of
work. Req ID : R-1247 EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans.
Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or
employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay
or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers. Pay
Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision If you are a qualified
individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the
right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or
limited in your ability to use or access flowservecareers.com as
result of your disability. You can request a reasonable
accommodation by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In
order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words
"Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For
more information, read the Accessibility Process. id="detrack"
Keywords: Flowserve Corporation, Long Beach , Machinist, Other , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!