Local Planning Specialist - Long Beach [HYBRID]
Company: Thomson Reuters Markets Espana SL.
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: November 20, 2022
Playing in picture-in-picture Like Add to Watch Later Share Clip
ID: 583635219 Delivery: application/vnd.vimeo.dash+json Embed Size:
514--289 Separate AV: true Dropped Frames: 0 / 0 - 0 Playhead /
Buffer: 0 / 0 / 0 Bandwidth: 0 (0 Kbps0 Kbps) LIVE 0 00:00 00:32
Volume This opens in a new window. Local Planning Specialist - Long
Beach [HYBRID] AddThis Sharing Buttons Share to Facebook Share to
Twitter Share to LinkedIn Share to Email App
- Job ID: 71039779
- Job Family: Transmission / Distribution
- Location: Long Beach, CA USJob Description
Join the Clean Energy Revolution Become aLocal Planning
Specialistat Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better
tomorrow. In this job, you'll support the regulatory requirements
of SCE's electrical distribution system by developing and designing
plans, identifying necessary resources and providing cost estimates
and options for the construction of distribution facilities. As
aLocal Planning Specialist, your work will help power our planet,
reduce carbon emissions and create cleaner air for everyone. Are
you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future? A
day in the life - Get ready to think big, work smart and shine
- Coordinate activities with other internal personnel and/or
organizations to ensure compliance and appropriate follow-through
of policies, procedures, rules, rates, and completion dates
applicable to his/her assigned projects.
- Interact with a diverse customer base on meeting electrical
design needs and is responsible for providing successful outcomes
for the customer and SCE on assigned or requested projects.
- Prioritize work orders through the entire process and taking
accountability for customer satisfaction.
- Maintain a current understanding of industry practices,
standards and customer needs.
- Apply construction standards including utilizing tariffs and
- Identify and acquire permits, easements, and environmental
requirements coordinating required project components with other
departments, customers, governmental bodies, and various external
- Coordinate numerous design projects from inception to
- Perform meter spots and related design work.
- Support system emergencies as they arise.
- Maintain a safety conscious work environment.
- Perform other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- One or more years of experience in Electrical Utility
Distribution Design, Transmission Design, Distribution Line
construction, or Electrical Engineering discipline OR be a
successful graduate from Service Planner Development Program
- Possess a valid U.S. Driver License. The preferred
- Knowledge of engineering principles, construction standards,
and industry practices.
- Experience in SCE systems such as DM, SAP, AUD, CSRP,
SpidaCalc, SpidaMin and knowledge of engineering principles,
construction standards, and industry practices such as using
resource books and Overhead and Underground Construction
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Developed and designed electrical distribution plans,
identifying vital resources and providing cost estimates.
- Training or education applying technical information related to
engineering, drafting, architecture, construction, mapping, design,
mechanics, mathematics, science or computers.
- Gathered and analyzed information and make sound decisions
independently and in consideration of applicable policies and
- Experience working with computer aided design software (i.e.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Successful completion of Electrical Utility Planner
Certification Program (from California State Polytechnic
University, Pomona), AutoCAD, or similar programs.
- Occasional lifting of typically less than 40lbs.
- Work in various weather conditions. Possibly even in remote
regions - the coast, desert, mountains across California You should
- Work Mode:When a return-to-office date has been determined,
this position's work mode ishybrid. The employee will report to an
SCE facility for a set number of days with the option to work
remotely on the remaining days. Unless otherwise noted, employees
are required to reside in the state of California. Further details
of this work mode will be discussed at the interview stage.
- Visit ourCandidate Resource page to get meaningful information
related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, and
hiring process, and more!
- Position may require up to 25% traveling and being out in the
field throughout the SCE service territory.
- Relocation does not apply to this position. Testing
- This position requires testing and applicants who are
identified to continue through the selection process will be
invited to test via email. We invite you to visit our Candidate
Resource page for further information and to access information
guides. Forinformation guides , please reference tests (EEI Tech
Test #5107) and (Edison Individual Workstyles #8203). Candidates
who have previously passed these assessment(s), in some cases, may
not need to retest again for this position. About Southern
California Edison The people at SCE don't just keep the lights on.
Our mission is so much bigger. We're fueling the kind of innovation
that's changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet.
Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing
our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE,
you'll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making
a real impact in Southern California and around the world. At SCE,
we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity
Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are
provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job
application or interview process, to perform essential job
functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of
employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at(833)
Keywords: Thomson Reuters Markets Espana SL., Long Beach , Local Planning Specialist - Long Beach [HYBRID], Other , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!