Senior LVN - Oncology, 8hr Days
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Do you have a passion for the highest clinical quality and
patient happiness? Would you like to use your clinical competencies
with an organization known nationally for excellence in cancer
treatment, research and education? We would be happy to hear from
you! Please consider the following exciting opportunity with one of
the most outstanding and dynamic places to work in the medical
field as your next career move.The Angeles Clinic & Research
Institute -has established an international reputation for
developing new cancer therapies, providing the best in experimental
and traditional treatments, and expertly guiding and training the
next generation of clinicians. We are committed to bringing
innovative therapeutic options to all those we serve with cancer.
You can look forward to working closely with our board-certified
fellowship-trained medical oncologists, surgeons, immunotherapists,
pathologists, and dermatologists to advance cancer care.As our next
Licensed Vocational Nurse, you will perform clinical and clerical
duties in the outpatient clinic to provide quality patient care.
The medical oncology LVN will work closely with the physicians and
other clinic personnel to facilitate patient care and patient flow.
You will interact directly with patients, both in person at the
time of clinic appointments and visits, as well as by telephone to
respond to inquiries.Summary of Essential Duties:
- Prepares the clinic for patient visits by participating in
daily clinic tasks, such as stocking and cleaning exam rooms,
calibrating weight scales, checking refrigerator temps, retrieving
lab reports from the lab, stocking the fax and printers, reviewing
and distributing incoming faxes, and other duties.
- Print patient schedule, obtain patient charts, review progress
notes and green sheet from prior visit, and retrieve any
outstanding test results needed prior to the patient's visit.
- Meet with the physician to review the chart and to clarify any
questions regarding the upcoming visit as needed.
- Run trend reports for any labs, as indicated, and place copy of
lab trends and test results onto the front of the chart for review
on the day of the visit.
- Identifies patients with 2 identifiers (Name, DOB/MR #), and
greet patients with proper etiquette by addressing them as "Mr.,
Mrs., or Ms." or as requested specifically by the patient, and
escort them to a room.
- Places patient identification armband on all patients entering
the infusion room or radiology dept for treatment, tests, and
- Takes vital signs and weight and records legibly in chart.
Measure height for all new patients and record in chart.
- Anticipates physician requests for any tests that need to be
- Interviews patients to obtain medical information and any
untoward signs and symptoms to report to the physician or
- Identifies any needed refills needed and facilitates
prescription refill orders.
- Administers oral, intramuscular, subcutaneous, topical, or
intra-dermal medications after the medication has been properly
verified for the 5 rights of medication administration (patient,
medication, dose, route, and frequency).
- Explains treatment procedures, medications, diets and
physicians' instructions to patients.
- Starts IVs as needed.
- Performs venipuncture or finger-stick for withdrawing blood
- Collects and prepares laboratory specimens.
- Performs nasal smears and throat cultures under physician
- Informs the physician of any questionable test results.
- Documents all chart entries legibly on the patient record
including the vital signs, medications, injections, notes, labs,
- Performs general office duties such as answering telephones,
scheduling appointments and/or procedures, logging patients, and
filing chart documents.
- Triages and directs telephone calls for physicians, nurses and
- Takes and returns pharmacy calls in a timely manner
- Obtains insurance authorizations for prescriptions.
- Calls in prescription refills (medications without change in
dose, route or frequency only), as authorized by the physician and
- Arranges for outpatient orders and services (including, but not
limited to transfusions, home health, physical therapy, medical
- Operates EKG, pulse oximetry, and other equipment for routine
diagnostic tests and document results on the chart.
- Maintains a respectable and courteous manner with all patients,
families, physicians, employees, offices, pharmacies, and
- Provides coverage for other physician practices as needed.
- Performs other similar or related duties as necessary within
scope of license, using down-time to help in other areas and/or as
assigned by supervisor.
- Graduate of an accredited LVN program
- Current, unrestricted California LVN license required
- Current IV Therapy and Blood Withdrawal Certification through
California Board of Vocational Nursing required
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from the
American Heart Association requiredExperience:
- A minimum of 5 -years of experience in an outpatient medical
- Oncology experience preferred
- Basic computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office
Working Title:Senior LVN - Oncology, 8hr Days
Department:Angeles Clinic - Wilshire
Business Entity:Medical Network Foundation
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Keywords: CEDARS-SINAI, Long Beach , Senior LVN - Oncology, 8hr Days, Other , Downey, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!