Company: Flowserve Corporation
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Company Overview: If a culture of excellence, innovation and
ownership is what you're searching for, consider putting your
experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or
as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure
Flowserve's position as the global standard in comprehensive flow
control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional
development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our
foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity
and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve,
we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow
control solutions to make the world better for everyone! Role
Summary: The Precision Assembler will be responsible for the
preparation of assembly work and documentation. This position will
also assemble a variety of equipment and tools and perform test
requirements. Additionally, the Precision Assembler will be
responsible for the disassembly, cleaning, inspecting and
reassembly during any repair process. This person will have access
to the most modern materials and tools at our facility to
accomplish these expectations to ensure the delivery of a
high-quality product to our customers. This is a 1st shift position
with consistent overtime required. NEW HIRES ARE ELIGIBLE FOR UP TO
A $2500 SIGN ON BONUS! APPLY TO FIND OUT MORE!
- Complete assemblies according to drawings, instructions, and
work orders, performing testing when required.
- Demonstrates an advanced understanding of inspection equipment,
their functions and uses to ensure that all parts and assemblies
are within specifications.
- Ensure all parts and components are clean prior to assembly and
that assemblies are completed properly, following all assembly
- Follow all safety procedures, and wear required personal safety
- Operate various precision measuring tools, i.e. micrometers,
vernier, and CMM (Coordinate Measuring Machines), in a warehouse
environment, as well as hand tools,---i.e. hydraulic torque wrench
and fire torch.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues within assembly.
- Have a sharp eye for detail and a results-oriented
- Capable of calculating basic mathematical functions including
computation of rate, ratio, and percent and to convert one type of
measurement into another.
- Participate in CIP activities as needed and comply with all
Flowserve policies and procedures.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints and
technical drawings safety rules, operating and maintenance
instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and communicate clearly to
peers, supervisors, and customers
- Show a customer-service mindset for on-time delivery and
- Basic computer aptitude to use/learn data entry systems and to
use Microsoft Office Package.
- Must be willing to work overtime and weekends as required on
- Demonstrate behavior that promotes team building and continuous
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time able to safely
lift, up to, 50 lbs.
- Other duties as assigned. Requirements:
- 5-7 years relevant experience
- Workshop experience.
- Knowledge of automation control and electrical components.
- Experience as a mechanic for rotating machines, mechanical
devices or as a general mechanic.
- General certificate of education or vocational training.
- HS Diploma / GED or relevant experience in lieu of education
\#DL Req ID : R-2271 EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans.
Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or
employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay
or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers. Pay
Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision If you are a qualified
individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the
right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or
limited in your ability to use or access flowservecareers.com as
result of your disability. You can request a reasonable
accommodation by sending an email to email@example.com. In
order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words
"Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For
more information, read the Accessibility Process.
Keywords: Flowserve Corporation, Long Beach , Precision Assembler, Other , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!