Lead Material Handler
Company: Yusen Logistics
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Under the direction of supervisor or manager, coordinates
activities of workers engaged in lifting, transporting, storing and
loading materials and products by use of conveyors, industrial
trucks or by hand.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Coordinates Material Handlers to ensure their time is utilized
efficiently to achieve production, quality, sanitation and customer
* Confers with management to coordinate flow of product and ensure
all safety precautions are followed and taken.
* Enforces schedules and estimated labor hours required for
effective completion of daily job assignments.
* Reports compliance of assigned teams in work areas to operational
standards and initiatives.
* Participates in the recommendation of Kaizen activities to
improve all aspects of the operation.
* Performs activities of workers supervised when required or other
duties as assigned.
* Directly oversees the work of a small number of employees in the
designated warehouse area.
* Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and safety rules.
Responsibilities include meeting goals and minimum standards of
performance, training employees; assigning and directing work flow
and the movement of associates based on the business needs;
addressing and elevating complaints and resolving minor problems
with management assistance.
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
* High school diploma or GED and two years' related experience
Essential Job Functions
* Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
* Work cooperatively with others.
* Interact with employees and customers in an appropriate
* Plan, prioritize and monitor activities.
* Complete assigned tasks/projects in a timely manner.
* Comply with all Company policies and procedures
About Yusen Logistics (Americas)
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. provides the business advantage to
some of the world's largest retailers, auto manufactures, consumer
electronics companies and more. Our services ensure that our
customer goods move from production through the supply chain to the
end user. Offering air and ocean freight forwarding, global
warehousing, transportation, reverse logistics, surface
transportation and supply chain solutions, we perform a key role in
keeping world trade moving. Globally Yusen Logistics employs over
17,000 staff across 412 offices.
As part of the NYK Group established in 1885, one of the world's
most recognized and trusted names in shipping and logistics. Yusen
Logistics (Americas) is consistently recognized as one of the most
ethical and sustainable companies.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. ("YLA" or "the Company") is
committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color,
sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member
status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic
information or any other protected status in accordance with all
applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment extends
to all aspects of YLA's employment practices including, but not
limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, transferring,
compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, termination,
and other terms and conditions of employment.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
* Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1st of the month
following start date
* 401k with a company match
* Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death &
Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition
Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation, and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility
requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective
policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human
Keywords: Yusen Logistics, Long Beach , Lead Material Handler, Professions , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!