Business Analyst, Senior - HCI
Company: SCAN Health Plan
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: January 10, 2022
As one of the nation's largest not-for-profit Medicare Advantage
plans, serving more than 200,000 members in California, SCAN Health
Plan has been a mission-driven organization dedicated to keeping
seniors healthy and independent for over 40 years. SCAN employees
are passionate about what they do, and understand that success is
based on achieving the mission. Employees are afforded with the
training and tools necessary to do their jobs and are rewarded for
their efforts and recognized as experts in their fields. To learn
more, visit scanhealthplan.com or follow us on social media:
LinkedIn ; Facebook ; and Twitter . The Opportunity Act as liaison
among HCI Workgroups and internal business/IT stakeholders in order
to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements for
changes to business processes, policies and information systems.
Understands business problems and opportunities in the context of
the requirements and performs root cause analysis to recommend
solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals. Will
also serves a Project Manager for many analytical and reporting
projects as needed. You Will
- Create informative process flows to demonstrate current state
of process and recommended future state of the process. Perform
process analysis using data and six sigma training and utilize
process redesign concepts to implement recommendations.
- Performs root cause analysis using relevant techniques and
create recommendations for addressing the root causes. Pushes
creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry
practices and client mindsets with the ability to separate what is
important from the noise.
- Gather and create business and functional
specifications/requirements by facilitating cross functional
meetings and workshops of business and IT stakeholders. Create user
stories and use cases to define user specifications and functional
- Creates informative, well-organized presentations to the Senior
Leadership with compelling story line and utilize data to inform
- Ability to understand and analyze data with strong skills in
Excel and SQL is preferred. Must be able to find and translate
insights from the data.
- Work with the Project Manager to create an action plan for
- Quickly understands the business issues and data challenges of
client's organization and industry. Ability to understand member
experience and issues using outside in thinking and ability to
relate to human behavior driving specific experiences.
- Develops relationships with internal and external stakeholders
to enable seamless implementations.
- Communicates effectively with stakeholders to identify needs
and evaluate alternative business solutions with support from
project management. Continually seeks opportunities to increase
customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Assists in the facilitation and as a project manager of team
and client meetings.
- Functions as an expert in process redesign and process expert
to the team, providing guidance as needed.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops; reviewing professional publications;
establishing personal networks; participating in professional
- Actively supports the achievement of SCAN's Vision and
- Other duties as assigned. Requirements Your Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Information Systems or equivalent
- 7+ years of professional experience.
- 5+ years of healthcare experience.
- Green Belt Certification required with Black belt
- PMP or related experience is preferred.
- Strong experience in writing business and functional
requirements and facilitating workshop sessions to gather
- Ability to communicate difficult/sensitive information
- Ability to facilitate effective cross functional team
- Ability to multitask and manage large projects. To ensure a
healthy and safe work environment, all SCAN employees will be
required to be fully vaccinated by January 1, 2022. Generally, you
are considered fully vaccinated 14 days after receiving the last
dose, as recommended by the manufacturer, of a vaccine that has
been authorized by the FDA for use in the United States, including
vaccinations that have been approved pursuant to an Emergency Use
Authorization. If fully vaccinated outside of the United States,
the vaccination must be listed for emergency use by the World
Health Organization (WHO). If you cannot receive the vaccine
because of a disability/medical reason or sincerely-held religious
belief, you may request an accommodation to this requirement by
contacting -COVIDemail@example.com . Learn more about the
COVID-19 vaccination here -
What's in it for you?
- A competitive compensation and benefits program
- An annual employee bonus program
- Generous paid-time-off (PTO)
- Ten paid holidays per year
- Excellent 403(b) Saving Plan, providing up to 4% match and
vesting after three years
- Casual attire
- A work-life balance and much more! We're always looking for
talented people to join our team! Qualified applicants are
encouraged to apply now! At SCAN we believe that it is our business
to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility
to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are
committed to creating a workforce that reflects our community
through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay,
employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more.
SCAN is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative
Action workplace. Individuals seeking employee will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
national origin, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy,
childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation,
gender perception or identity, age, marital status, disability,
protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A
background check is required. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: SCAN Health Plan, Long Beach , Business Analyst, Senior - HCI, Professions , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!