Company: Servicon Systems Inc
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Servicon Systems, Inc.
EEO Statement: Equal Employment
Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status
Job ID: 2021-3239
# of Openings: 1
Category: Facilities Maintenance
Relativity Space Long Beach
In business for more than 48 years, Servicon is the leading
custodial solutions provider servicing the healthcare, aerospace,
commercial, municipal, manufacturing, and entertainment industries
nationally.Our customer base includes Fortune 100 and 500 companies
as well as many of the largest hospitals, aeronautical facilities,
and municipalities throughout the United States.Our goal is to
create cleaner, healthier environments for our clients while
working toward our vision to elevate the industry through
integrity, leadership, and innovation. Our ultimate objective is to
provide exemplary service while changing the face of the cleaning
industry. We welcome candidates who share our values.
Primary FunctionThe Senior Electrical Maintenance Technician
performs a variety of repairs and troubleshooting on the plant
electrical infrastructure and connection to the installed devices
and equipment. Responsible to provide reliable power to the
connected loads within an industrial environment and make
installation changes when required.
Capabilities/ Skills & Duties
- Install, maintain, and enhance electrical systems and
components, including fuses, lights, and wiring
- Inspect, test, and diagnose issues with electrical systems and
- Perform all work in a manner that meets and follows local
electrical codes, blueprints, and standards
- Test electrical systems and components to ensure proper
- Complete required documentation of repairs and service
- Ensure adequate inventory of necessary supplies and parts
- Calibrate equipment to provided specifications
- Perform preventative maintenance on electrical systems and
- Troubleshoot problems and make timely repairs
- Run conduit and cable in support of repairs, moves and general
maintenance. Installs wiring, bends, routes, and suspends EMT
conduit, flex and other pipe, and electrical apparatus in
- Diagnoses malfunctioning apparatus such as transformers,
motors, and replaces damaged or broken wires and cables.
- Connects power to industrial machines and equipment, checks for
rotation, grounding, and operation.
- Modifies existing electrical distribution to facilitate new
production techniques under the direction of the engineering
- Can install new electrical panels, including inside components
and circuit breakers.
- Reads and understands electrical schematic diagrams.
- Follow all department and company measures to help protect
workers from potentially hazardous work methods, processes, or
- Employee required to bring any known or suspected
nonconformance for all company procedures or legal requirements to
management's attention immediately
- When required, directs junior technicians and/or outside
vendors for larger project work.
Qualifications for Electrician
- Journeyman level skills required
- Completion of an electrician apprenticeship program
- Completion of an electrician program at a technical or trade
- 5 years+ of electrical experience
- Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 50 pounds
- Ability to bend, climb, squat, reach, and kneel
- Comfortable reading and understanding electrical blueprints,
schematics, and diagrams
- Working knowledge of electrical theory, and the associated
principles, materials, and equipment
- Demonstrated ability to operate hand and power tools associated
with electrical work
- Ability to calculate basic mathematical problemsExperience and
Behaviors - To perform the job successfully, an individual should
demonstrate the following competencies:
Oral and Written Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in
positive or negative situations; listens intently to others and
seeks clarification; Provides clear and pleasant responses to
inquiries regardless of the situation.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities;
Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and
welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit;
Puts success of team above own interests.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment;
Manages competing demands; Change's approach or method to best fit
the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities
with direction from Supervisor; Uses time efficiently; Fulfills
goals and objectives set by Supervisor.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts
well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration
regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for
own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED);
certification in electrical and/or electronic trade experience
required.ALL employees are required to be fully vaccinated against
COVID-19 (14 days after final dose) prior to hire or have a
qualifying legal exemption.
Keywords: Servicon Systems Inc, Long Beach , Senior Electrician, Professions , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!