Transportation Engineer / Project Manager - Marine & Coastal
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: May 11, 2022
Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to
solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water,
energy and urbanization. - -GHD -is looking for an experienced
-Mid-level Engineer -with interest in -Project Management -to join
our -Maritime and Coastal (M&C) -practice and can be located
anywhere on the -West Coast. - In this role, you will primarily
provide leadership, manage, and assist the Project Manager with
several waterfront projects in California, Oregon, Washington and
the Pacific (West Region). This is a rewarding opportunity to
demonstrate your local knowledge, be involved in challenging
projects, provide technical solutions and mentor junior engineers.
- Lead Maritime and Coastal (M&C) projects including Piers,
Wharves, Mooring Dolphins, Seawalls etc.
- Manage existing and new client relationships and assist with
Business Development opportunities.
- Assist and manage scope, schedule and budget, including
invoicing on multiple projects
- Coordinate and work with cross-discipline teams on other market
- Act in an advisory and leadership role to provide marine
structural service to other regions (including internationally) and
other M&C staff.
- Coordinate with CAD and Design team to complete project
- Provide technical QA/QC on multiple projects.
- Mentor junior staff.
- Stay current with technical qualifications and licenses.
- Involve yourself in local committees, action groups and special
interest organizations, with a view towards furthering your own
skills and brand recognition for GHD.
- Stay current and informed on M&C market trends, client
spending, assets, resiliency and logistics
- Work within GHD's four Core Values: Safety, Teamwork, Trust,
and Integrity Skills, Competencies, Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree with an emphasis in Civil or
Structural Engineering. Masters degree preferred.
- 7+ years of previous experience with Maritime and Coastal
waterfront projects including 2+ years with incremental Project
- Must have PE in California.
- Working knowledge of engineering design and analysis tools such
as SAP2000, LPILE, XTRACT. Experience in the Microsoft office
suite, MATLAB and AutoCAD
- Working knowledge of engineering codes and guidelines such as
ASCE 7, ASCE 41, ASCE 61, -ACI 318, AISC 360 etc.
- Ability to lead structural condition assessment and field
investigation both on land and above water
- Must have strong communication skills, both oral and written,
including report writing
- Travel as needed, up to 10% of the year for field
investigation. As a multicultural organization, we encourage
individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse
workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal
employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants
without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin,
citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age,
disability, marital status or veteran status. - #LI-RM1 ABOUT US
Why GHD? - Being -the best -we can be is in our culture. - -We are
a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our
employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more.
Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure
water, energy and -urbanisation -are made sustainable for
generations to come. - - Our commitment to you - Commitment is a
powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our
clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs
by giving you the tools to do your best work and then -recognise
-achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant
minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing
barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to
collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global
business. - Who we -are - We are committed to solving the world's
biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and -urbanisation.
GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in
engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established
in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+
diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly 'One GHD'
across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents - Asia,
Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region.
Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are
passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners
and clients. -COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are
required to adhere with GHD's US vaccination policy and any
applicable government regulations related to COVID-19. Individuals
hired for GHD positions that require in-person interactions with
GHD Clients, or in-person visits to, or work at, GHD Clients sites,
must comply with Client imposed requirements, including, in some
instances, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19. GHD complies
with federal, state, and local laws with regard to accommodations
related to this policy.
Keywords: GHD, Long Beach , Transportation Engineer / Project Manager - Marine & Coastal, Professions , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!