Shipping/Receiving Yard Person
Company: Valmont Industries, Inc.
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: May 12, 2022
2226 East Dominguez St Long Beach California 90 Why Valmont
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you
join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to
changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want
problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and
innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure,
irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities.
We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products
and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
- Must be Forklift Certified
- Ability to read and understand Shipping & Receiving Documents
and identify and locate material with these documents
- Must have of knowledge of various types of steel used in steel
fabrications and their nomenclature.
- Ability to load and unload various steel assemblies and
structures on and off trucks and trailers without causing damage to
equipment and material and injury to personnel.
- Assist to identify material that may pose a problem to
galvanize process to expedite customer notification and
- Ability to use cutting torch and heating torch to apply holes
and/or clean material.
- Ability to operate crane systems.
- Must assist in keeping yard area organized and debris free at
all times, and avoid waste of time and materials at all times.
- Knowledge in the use of wire cutters, ladders, and air tools,
(Grinders, Drills, Needle Guns)
- Perform periodic and schedule inspections on equipment, and
- Communicate effectively to personnel working under his
direction, and to his Supervisor.
- Ensure Crane, Forklift, Rack, and Chain inspections are being
completed and documented as required.
- Coordinate with Supervisors, Lead Floor Person, and Lead Rack
Person to ensure maximum production in all areas of
- Demonstrate excellent judgment in estimating and executing
appropriate size lifts
- Un load and load steel hauling trucks for customers and
- Operate equipment safely and efficiently, protecting self and
others from accident and injury
- Document, count, and verify customer piece counts for shipping
- Manage paperwork to properly identify incoming materials and
outgoing products in accordance with established product control
systems and shipping orders
- Ensure the accuracy of the computers inventory system and the
physical location and organization of inventory
- Wear required Personal Protective Equipment and follow facility
- Assist in other duties as required Valmont does not
discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment
opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other
characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.If you have a disability and require any
assistance in filling out the application for employment email
Keywords: Valmont Industries, Inc., Long Beach , Shipping/Receiving Yard Person, Professions , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!