Production Control Scheduler
Company: Virgin Orbit
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Long Beach, CA
Who we are
At Virgin Orbit, we are launching the small satellite revolution,
enabling missions that were previously unimaginable. We are
delivering Virgin's legendary customer experience by combining
advanced technology with a diligent, hard-working team. We have
built a workplace and a workforce of the future, knowing that our
decisions and investments of today are launching the industries of
tomorrow. We have engaged a diverse and inclusive community of
doers and dreamers alike, empowering all those working today to
build satellites and constellations that will change the world.
At Virgin Orbit, we are opening space for good. Search all of our
job openings on our career portal.
Production Control Scheduler
Virgin Orbit (VO) is seeking a new member for our team to serve as
a Production Control Scheduler. If you join us in this position,
you will plan, prepare, issue and control production schedules and
direct material requirements to ensure a controlled shop floor,
increase production exit rate and on time deliver to manifest in
support of the LauncherOne small satellite launch program.
This is a full-time position at our rocket factory in beautiful
Long Beach, California.
* Improve resource schedules by creating a clear, concise execution
list for production to action on. Frequently partner with upstream
work centers to align resource schedule needs with program
* Identify risk to schedule, create risk analysis and scenarios to
alleviate blockers for on time deliver.
* Manage weekly build status meetings by providing forward schedule
and highlighting schedule needs from engineering, supply chain,
production, and leadership.
* Lead efforts to evaluate critical production scheduling
improvements such as batch strategies, lead time updates, yield,
MRP accuracy, etc.
* Develop and maintain automated tools that provide daily
visibility, weekly status and monthly reviews on schedule
* Reduce time spent on manual data inputs by creating process
improvements and automation through SQL querying, tableau,
Smartsheet, Microsoft project and other available automation
* Develop, improve, and analyze metrics that tie production to
* Help Virgin Orbit do our part to make the world a better
* Constantly learn new things-and share them with your team
* Perform other duties assigned.
What you bring
If you want to join us, you'd better have all of these---
* Bachelor's degree or 2+ years of Production Scheduling or MRP
* Must have strong communication skills. Excellent interpersonal
skills, able to communicate and work effectively within all
* Basic understanding of data analytics and manufacturing
* Expert and high level understanding of MRP / ERP systems and how
to manipulate them.
* Knowledge and experience with Bill of Materials, Logistics,
Production and Supply Chain.
* Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams and
collaborate with business leadership team to set priorities.
* Must be a U.S. person as defined by the ITAR (22 CFR
* Passion for space exploration and a firm belief in the utility of
affordable access to space.
* Ability and desire to perform in a fast-paced, rapidly changing
* Self-driven, highly motivated, and committed to improvement,
inter-team communication skills, and attention to detail.
* Must be able to provide proof of US-approved Covid-19 full
vaccination status, unless otherwise exempted by an approved
reasonable medical or religious accommodation from Virgin
--- and you should probably have a bunch of these, too.
* Experience with SQL or Python
* Experience working both autonomously and as a team in a
* Experience creating user friendly, action-oriented visuals.
* Ability to thrive as a 'one person team'.
* Ability to add something unique and positive to our team.
* Generally high level of all-around awesomeness.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations,
applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the
U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR -120.15) or
eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S.
Department of State.
Our idea of a happy life: build rockets, work with brilliant
people, serve purposeful customers, and open access to space. Sir
Richard Branson's belief is "If you get the perfect mix of people
working for your company, you have a far greater chance of
success." From the very start, we have placed top priority on
growing and fostering a team of creative, diverse, and talented
women and men.
Stay in touch with the latest news and updates from Virgin Orbit by
following us on:
YouTube Twitter Instagram Facebook LinkedIn
Virgin Orbit is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with
Virgin Orbit is governed on the basis of merit, competence and
qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race,
color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status,
disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental
or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Keywords: Virgin Orbit, Long Beach , Production Control Scheduler, Professions , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!