Site Superintendent II
Company: Holland Partner Group
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: January 23, 2023
OverviewSalary range: $95,000-$120,000 annually, plus bonus
potential. -The Site Superintendent II is responsible for oversight
and management of assigned specific area(s) and activity(s) of a
construction project and supporting the project team in planning
and organizing a construction project so that it is finished in a
quality manner, on schedule, within budget and in accordance with
Holland Partner Groups Core Values.Responsibilities
- Demonstrate mastery of Site Superintendent I job
- Partner with the project team in the design and planning of
projects ensuring quality, timely, and cost-effective
- Study to fully understand contract drawings, shop drawings,
specifications and quality assurance programs to ensure compliance
with design criteria for construction purposes.
- Provide critique and suggestions regarding design details to
ensure the constructability of project.
- Direct and manage Site Coordinator and temporary labor as
directed by the Lead Project Superintendent.
- Oversee and direct various/multiple phases of construction at
project jobsite as directed by supervisor.
- Monitor schedule activities three months in advance to identify
assigned activities that need to be completed to ensure the project
proceeds on established schedule as directed.
- Schedule work activities of multiple crews and subcontractors
to effectively sequence activities as directed.
- Ensure that building inspections are completed at the
- Monitor construction activities to comply with applicable
municipal ordinance as assigned.
- Ensure proper and accurate job layout according to design
drawings and specifications.
- Monitor, enforce and maintain job safety for the project by
supporting and participating in all safety programs, ensuring all
crew is using required safety equipment and continually monitoring
the job site to ensure safety requirements are met in accordance
with Holland safety polices.
- Monitor construction activities and recommend or take
corrective action to ensure that quality standards are met in line
with quality assurance programs.
- Manage punch lists and work with the team to correct all punch
list related conditions.
- Ensure proper oversight and documentation is provided for
authorized additional work performed by subcontractors in
preparation for submittal to appropriate party.
- Complete field records as assigned (i.e. daily reports, weekly
job visit reports, safety reports, test results, job schedules,
quality assurance reports, etc.)
- Clearly and accurately delegate authority and responsibility to
subordinates as directed.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationship with team,
company personnel, and subcontractors.
- Maintain good relationships with jobsite neighbors through
professional communication coupled with implementation of
well-planned, thoughtful construction logistics and sequencing
- Represent Holland Partner Group in a professional manner at all
- Conform to company apparel standards and set a positive example
for all Associates.
- Perform all other duties as directed and assist the overall
team effort in any way possible.QualificationsEducation: High
School Diploma or equivalent is required. Bachelors degree in Civil
Engineering, Construction Engineering, Architecture, Construction
Management or related discipline is preferred. Equivalent
construction related experience considered in lieu of a Bachelors
Degree.Experience: Four years construction related experience is
required. Previous experience as a subcontractor foreman is
preferred. Carpentry background is helpful. A Bachelors Degree in
related field with two years of related experience may be
considered in lieu of four years experience. Knowledge, Skills and
- Ability to receive direction and effectively implement in the
- Ability to supervise team members assigned by Lead Project
- Ability to coordinate site activities of subcontractor trades
assigned by Lead Project Superintendent.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a complex and fast-paced
- Ability to work independently; self-starting and driven.
- Ability to read an interpret construction documents.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of employees while
inspiring respect and credibility.
- Knowledge of the design-build process.
- Strong attention to detail with superior analytical
- Must be proactive, flexible, responsible and resourceful with
strong conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to effectively oversee construction projects according
to plan, on budget, and on schedule.
- Ability to gain skills through superintendent team mentoring to
accomplish planning and scheduling.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office, specifically Word, Excel
- Ability to command a strong working knowledge of company used
software such as Phoenix, Procore, Bluebeam and others.
- Execute assigned tasks and responsibilities using technology
tools per Hollands best practices.Attendance: This full-time
position is exempt and requires the ability to be present and
available during business hours to meet company and department
needs. Additional hours or flexible schedule may be required.
Working Environment: This position takes place in a construction
environment that involves hazardous work conditions requiring
protective equipment and training that conforms to OSHA and
applicable State Agency regulations. Office and toilet conditions
may be temporary in nature. Site offices may be subject to dust,
noise, and temperature variations not typically encountered in a
standard office environment.This position also requires:
- Valid drivers license.
- Current First Aid/CPR certifications
- Current OSHA 30-hour safety course certificate required or
ability to obtain a certificate within six months of hire date. -
The certificate must be renewed on or before five years of the
original issued date.
- Ability to lift, push and pull a minimum of 20 pounds.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of
- Fluency in English both verbally and non-verbally. Fluency in
Spanish is preferred.Benefits:Holland is proud to offer a
competitive and comprehensive benefits package including health
care benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, FSA), income
replacement (Life Insurance, Long-term Disability) and retirement
savings through our 401(k), including employer match. Supplemental
benefits are also available (Accident, Hospital Indemnity, Critical
Illness, Short-term Disability) and we are proud to offer our
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Tuition Reimbursement. We
offer PTO in addition to Paid Sick Leave, paid holidays and a
generous Sabbatical after every 5 years of service. There are also
opportunities to share in the success of the company through our
profit share programs. -
Keywords: Holland Partner Group, Long Beach , Site Superintendent II, Professions , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!