Plant Operator - Oil and Gas
Company: Amplify Energy Corporation
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: January 24, 2023
14 day on 14 day off schedule.
This offshore oil and gas Plant Operator position is responsible
for all production processing operations of the facility. -They
will work closely with the Control Room Operators, Plant Operators,
Instrumentation Technicians, Mechanics, Chemical specialists,
Wellbay Operators and other personnel as required. -Plant Operator
will also assist with maintenance activities and other craft work
performed on the platforms.
1. -Must have a thorough understanding of the processes and
process-supporting equipment on Platform. -This includes but is not
limited to: oil & gas dehydration and chemical treatment, heat
exchangers, gas handling and treating, vapor recovery, water
handling, make-up, chemical treatment, filtration, and injection;
vessel and tank operations, routine and backup power systems,
emergency back-up systems, equipment start-up & shut down, pipeline
pigging operations, drain and sump operations, and emergency
2. -Handing off activities and ensuring that good communication
regarding work-in-progress or best practice(s) are passed from
shift to shift and from crew to crew.
3. -Responsible for meeting all regulatory requirements with
respect to personnel, the environment, and the operation and
maintenance of the processing equipment. -Comply with all hot work
permits, confined space entry, lock-out/tag-out, and energy
isolation. -Participate in all safety-related meetings and safety
training; conduct drills as requested, perform assigned safety and
environmental checks as required, and follow all Company safety
practices and policies.
4. -Responsible for operating as efficiently as possible to
minimize cost, maximize production, maintain safe operations and
protect the environment. -Will assist in Management of Change
(MOC), Process Hazard Analysis (PHA), Incident Investigation and
other Company programs as designated to comply with all regulatory
agencies, laws and safe work practices.
5. -Provide daily readings for morning reports of H2S, water
quality, well testing, and others as needed, and providing
formation for chemical usage.
6. -As appropriate, where qualifications allow, the Plant Operator
will be expected to fill-in positions as needed and directed by the
Platform Superintendent. -These duties include, but are not limited
to, Ellen or Eureka Wellbay Operator, Control Room Operator, and
other duties as requested. -This work may consist of temporary
assignments, absence relief, daily breaks and other assignments as
needed to safely and efficiently staff and operate the
Knowledge, Skill and Experience:
1. - - - - - Minimum Education (or substitute experience)
- - - - - - - GED or high school diploma.
2. - - - - - Minimum Experience required:
- - - - - - - 5 years offshore oil platform experience as a Wellbay
Operator or 3-years experience as a Plant Operator.
3. - - - - - Skills Required:
- - - - - - - Basic math, ability to read and write. -Ability to
read line drawings and follow all safety protocol.
Keywords: Amplify Energy Corporation, Long Beach , Plant Operator - Oil and Gas, Professions , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!