Disaster Recovery (DR) Analyst
Company: RIT Solutions, Inc.
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: March 15, 2023
Must be based in Southern CA...Hybrid.
Duration: 9 months
Visa: No H1B and CPT
Must have a valid LinkedIn profile.
Under limited supervision, develop and maintain the Disaster Recovery plan and integrate Disaster Recovery (DR) efforts across all Divisions. The Information Management (IM) Division is seeking to contract with a Disaster Recovery Analyst with 5+ years' experience in designing and implementing disaster recovery processes and business continuity procedures for re-establishing servers, databases and operating systems in the event of a disruption, both minor and catastrophic. This person will also perform and analyze disaster simulations for the prompt restoration of services, and conduct audits where required.
The DR analyst should have a thorough understanding of business applications and their relationships to web, database, and application servers in the standard three environments (Dev, Stage, and Prod). DR analyst will be working with the Network Operation Center (NOC), Security Operation Center (SOC), Service Desk (SD), and the Business Applications (BA) teams within IM Division. Since it is an Enterprise Wide effort, the DR analyst will work with other Divisions, especially the Risk Management Division which leads Business Continuity processes.
Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
- Understands DR program scope, goals, deliverables and collaborates with Management and Users
- Develops and maintain DR strategy plans across the enterprise.
- Manages the implementation and execution of the DR strategy to meet industry leading practices.
- Defines the steps to be undertaken to resolve cybersecurity incidents and associated escalation procedures.
- Manages key performance indicators (i.e. RTO and RPO) and dashboards to report metrics, goals and milestones relevant to DR
- Creates and maintains the DR incident management plan
- Maintains, tests and updates the disaster recovery plan under management supervision
- Communicates disaster recovery and incident management plan with all relevant stakeholders related to incidents
- Monitors the process of whether key policy, regulatory or legal requirements are being met and manages any DR breaches in those requirements. Monitors the quality of technology services through continual audits to build quality excellence and ensure efficient and effective checks and balances.
- Establishes training programs to educate employees on organizational best practices around the management of all major IT related incidents
- Updates DR sponsors and stakeholders across all Divisions regularly on the status of open and resolved issues
- Works collaboratively with internal IM functions and external Divisions, vendors, and other key stakeholders across all Divisions to develop, facilitate, and perform DR
- Works with Port DR stakeholders to iteratively test critical business applications
- Ability to develop, implement and maintain an organization-wide strategy around disaster recovery
- Ability to develop and implement DR incident management practices
- Demonstrated knowledge and exposure to developing and conducting business impact analyses and risk assessments
- Ability to analyze data and recommend improvements that align with industry standards
- Demonstrated knowledge of personal computers and applications such as Microsoft Office and other related software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to organize and plan so workflow is managed efficiently and accurately; must be able take initiative and exercise sound independent judgment
- Ability to communicate technical information in a clear and concise manner to both technical and non-technical resources.
- Ability to effectively manage numerous diverse projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to establish, build and maintain effective customer-focused working relationships with employees, managers, consultants, vendors, contractors, and others encountered in the course of performing DR work
- Ability to develop, maintain and/or update standards and documentation using the latest information tool kits
- 5 years (full-time equivalent) of recent experience in: Disaster Recovery, developing, maintaining and testing recovery plans. Experience may be substituted for education on a year-to-year basis or 2 years intensive DR experience combined with IT applications and technical Quality Assurance/program management practical experience.
- Experience successfully creating and maintaining effective partnerships with people from diverse backgrounds and areas of technical expertise.
- Four-year college degree with major in computer science, business information systems, or a related business or technical field.
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) foundational certification.
- CBCP Certification.
Must be based in Southern CA...Hybrid.
Keywords: RIT Solutions, Inc., Long Beach , Disaster Recovery (DR) Analyst, Professions , Long Beach, California
here to apply!