Business Intelligence Analyst
Company: Virgin Orbit
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: March 16, 2023
Long Beach, CA
At Virgin Orbit, we are launching the small satellite revolution, enabling missions that were previously unimaginable. We are delivering Virgin's legendary customer experience by combining advanced technology with a diligent, hard-working team. We have built a workplace and a workforce of the future, knowing that our decisions and investments of today are launching the industries of tomorrow. We have engaged a diverse and inclusive community of doers and dreamers alike, empowering all those working today to build satellites and constellations that will change the world.
At Virgin Orbit, we are opening space for good. Search all of our job openings on our career portal.
Virgin Orbit (VO) is seeking a Business Intelligence Analyst to join our business development team. The candidate we are seeking will be responsible for business lead generation, market research, and developing analytical models to support market growth and identify new capture opportunities. You will be responsible for ensuring that our data systems are maintained and updated to accurately reflect customer profiles and the market landscape, and to provide regular reports and to drive improvement in business processes and data platforms for our team. This role is for a hands-on person with great attention to detail and excellent people skills.
This is a full-time position at our rocket factory in beautiful Long Beach, California.
YOUR PART OF THE MISSION
* Manage and develop our customer database.
* Manage customer engagements to ensure customer data is up-to-date and incorporated into customer portal.
* Develop and maintain customer portal, define optimal interactions with existing and prospective customers across multiple platforms, and coordinate with internal stakeholders to drive and improve the customer experience.
* Manage and lead monthly forecast for company revenue, create automations to facilitate process improvement.
* Manage business development and customer engagement activities with cubesat customers including customer sales, marketing and strategy.
* Market research to update and maintain Salesforce database on sales accounts, opportunities, and market analytics.
* Market research and outreach to facilitate sales leads generation.
* Help Virgin Orbit do our part to make the world a better place.
* Constantly learn new things-and share them with your team members.
* Perform other duties assigned.
* Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or other Business discipline
* 1+ years of professional experience as a Business Analyst within aerospace, defense, or space market
* Experience with financial modeling a plus
* Experience working on multiple projects and changing priority
* Possess an understanding of Key Performance Metrics
* Prepare spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations for clients
* Forms strong professional working relationships with team members and customers
* Strong research and analytical skills
* Understanding of databases, data elements, and application software solutions to maximize data gathering and data analysis
* Accuracy, quality, and attention to detail are essential for this position
* Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and the ability to address customer needs and within all levels of the organization
* Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* Knowledge of business concepts, techniques, and principles
* Demonstrated ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines
* Manage projects with minimal supervision
* Proactively addresses actions and issues
* Passion for space exploration and a firm belief in the utility of affordable access to space
* Ability to thrive as a 'one person team'
* Ability and willingness to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment
* Driven, highly motivated, and committed to improvement
* Ability to add something unique and positive to our team
* Generally high level of all-around awesomeness
* Must be able to work varying hours/shifts and available for overtime.
* Must be able to provide proof of US-approved Covid-19 full vaccination status, unless otherwise exempted by an approved reasonable medical or religious accommodation from Virgin Orbit.
$60,000 - $95,000
Total Rewards at Virgin Orbit
At Virgin Orbit, we are STRAIGHT UP, which means we encourage honest and transparent communication. Our goal is to help you interpret the pay range you see and understand that compensation is much more than simply base pay. Individual compensation packages are based on candidate-unique attributes, including, but not limited to, skills, experience, qualifications, and other job-related factors. Cash compensation is only part of the total reward package, and the range reflects a strong market-based salary. Some jobs may also be eligible for bonus, overtime pay, weekend work compensation and differentials. In addition to cash compensation, all Virgin Orbit teammates are eligible for equity which includes stock options and/or RSUs (Restricted Stock Units) and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
At Virgin Orbit, you work alongside some of the best and brightest, on the coolest premier dedicated small satellite launch service. We also know that benefits and belonging are an important piece of your total rewards package. At Virgin Orbit we offer some of the best around:
* Robust time off with holiday shut down between Christmas and New Year
* Better than market 401k including a Safe Harbor plan
* Superior health and welfare benefits offering an average 90% of benefits premiums paid, including some plans with zero employee contributions
* Financial wellness through Northstar which includes your personal financial advisor
* Paid parental leave
* Tuition reimbursement
* A variety of optional benefits such as pet insurance and discounts, and remote and/or hybrid opportunity for some positions
* Health Reimbursement program providing up to $3,000 max per year for eligible teammates
* Employee Resource Groups, Virgin cultural gatherings and success celebrations, professional growth opportunities, and more!
At Virgin Orbit, pay and total rewards is about offering competitive programs for any stage of your life and career. We constantly look for opportunities to enhance our programs and reward our teammates and we update our benefits offerings regularly.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR 120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Our idea of a happy life: build rockets, work with brilliant people, serve purposeful customers, and open access to space. Sir Richard Branson's belief is "If you get the perfect mix of people working for your company, you have a far greater chance of success." From the very start, we have placed top priority on growing and fostering a team of creative, diverse, and talented women and men.
Stay in touch with the latest news and updates from Virgin Orbit by following us on:
YouTube Twitter Instagram Facebook LinkedIn
Virgin Orbit is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Virgin Orbit is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Keywords: Virgin Orbit, Long Beach , Business Intelligence Analyst, Professions , Long Beach, California
here to apply!